Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help needed by a new disabled season ticket holder

Hi guys

I am 70 years young, was born in Bexleyheath and have supported Charlton since I was a boy.
Have always taken a very close interest wherever I have lived including a number of years in Spain and currently Edinburgh.
I am ambulant disabled (visually impaired) hence the reason I am on here.
Despite living in Edinburgh I have purchased a season ticket (West Stand Lower) for this this coming season and hope to attend some games although clearly not as many as I would wish.
As a disabled supporter I am entitled to a carers ticket so some one can attend with me and therefore I am looking for some one down South who is able to do this. I would want them to meet up with me before a fixture and accompany me to and from the game. I can travel ok on my own to most places but am not very good in crowded enclosed spaces like pubs, shops etc because of spacial awareness issues. I do like a drink but not want to get too stressed out. Do not usually have problems at football stadiums, have been to the Camp Nou many times but just need a little help.
If you or know some one that could be that person please get in touch soonest, male or female aged 18 plus, just common sense is required.
I will be coming down for the first game on August 7, I believe it is on Sky with a 17.30 kick off.
Thanks for reading this and hopefully the Charlton Family will be able to help so please message me soonest so that I can start planning things.

Graham

Comments

• Get in touch with CADSA ... link below.  

• Hi Graham,

Would be worthwhile getting in touch with CASDA, the disabled supporters association.

Details should be on the CAFC website.

There is also a Disability Liaison officer at the club.  Again, there should be details on the official site.

Hope you enjoy the games. 
  • Hi Graham

Would be great if you could join the Charlton Fans in Scotland group too:
    https://charltonfans.scot/ 
  • Good luck Graham, I'm sure you'll get the help you want. Enjoy the games  :D
  • keep us updated with how you get on

all the very best of luck xx
  • Morning can't really add any advice but I hope it works out well for you, I also have a carer ticket and when my close friend doesn't go the folks around me, who have become good friends always ask if I am ok, or need anything, from the bar.
  • edited July 2021
    Blimey, living in Edinburgh with a Charlton season ticket, that's dedication for you, top man.  

Think I'd be at Easter Road and catching Charlton on highlights & the odd game on Sky from.there!

Good luck with finding someone to help, sure they'll be plenty willing.  I'd like to offer myself but I can't be reliable enough unfortunately.
  • Thanks for all the input guys. I have contacted CADSA and the disabled liaison officer at the club and waiting to get a response. I have joined: https://charltonfans.scot/  and I am really hoping that someone is able to help me attend what is going to be a great day and bit of history on 7 August and the 2021/22 season.  Just to clarify I am OK travelling down by plane or train to London but need to meet up with someone say at Charlton Station and get me into the West Stand to my seat. After the game I will have to travel from what will be a very crowded Charlton Station and would ideally need someone to take me from the West Stand and make sure I get on a train all ok. It is simply the shear weight of crowds before and after the game that because of spatial awareness issues I need help with, it could be someone from elsewhere in the West Stand so here is hoping.
    Up the Addicks and as Thomas says " Lets Do This"
  • Blimey, living in Edinburgh with a Charlton season ticket, that's dedication for you, top man.  

Think I'd be at Easter Road and catching Charlton on highlights & the odd game on Sky from.there!

Good luck with finding someone to help, sure they'll be plenty willing.  I'd like to offer myself but I can't be reliable enough unfortunately.
    Thanks  for the kind words.  I am a Hibbee and have fond memories of watching George Best playing for them many years ago as well as sharing a drink with him in Rose Street the night before a game. I currently live right in the middle of Jam Tarts territory. lol

I am not that dedicated but believe that Thomas Sandgaard deserves all the backing that we are able to offer and August 7 will certainly be on par with that first day back at the Valley. I was there then and want to be part of the latest episode in our history.

It will be more memorable that watching Messi, Suarez and Neymer all score for Barca in the same game and saying farewell to both Xavi and Iniesta when they left Barca