Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    good to see they are now using the astro turf pitches at footscray rugby club in that video  - sense must now have prevailed since RD's departure  
  • Options
    Wonder if Nimer jnr will be enrolled? 
  • Options
    Photo from today?

Is this the new partner deal they talked about?.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Why didn't we just try reaching out to Nimer on this? He had numerous, high powered contacts in the region. He even had a legit website that said so
    He is selling cheap rolls of book case wallpaper!

2nd hand fish tank anyone?  He's gone off Addicks, allegedly.
  • Options
    I don’t understand what benefits there are from this for Charlton. 
  • Options
    Anyone know what kind of programs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    limeygent said:
    Anyone know what kind of programs?
    Should've read the article before posting, sorry.

• Options
    Brilliant idea.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wonder if Nimer jnr will be enrolled? 

He set it up.

Probably
  • Options
    iainment said:
    The start of fan expansion through brand awareness, association with our club locally and a possibility (outside or otherwise) of a local talent progressing through our ranks in due course.

Perhaps the start of a broader global program, only time will tell.

Another building block (brick)…
  • Options
    "“The dream for us is to grow the club's international supporter base through our engagement with them and, in the long term, provide players the opportunity to experience what Charlton has to offer and hopefully have players a pathway into the club's academy and first team.”

The more important thing has been bolded. 

These kind of partnerships tend not to produce that many players (if at all) but if it gets more international supporters interested and maybe a summer camp or two. Then Charlton will see it as a success.

• Options
    Is that it?

I thought we would be partnering with Red Bull with Lionel Messi in as part of the shebang!

What a let down...

(Only joking. Great idea and great to have Robbo back involved somewhere)
  • Options
    iainment said:
    The start of fan expansion through brand awareness, association with our club locally and a possibility (outside or otherwise) of a local talent progressing through our ranks in due course.

Perhaps the start of a broader global program, only time will tell.

Another building block (brick)…
    I still struggle to see that there’s much benefit in starting this there. Neither Abu Dhabi or Dubai have any depth in football terms do they?
  • Options
    Raises the profile of Charlton over there, grows the fan base and maybe results in some future investment into the club. 
  • Options
    so good to see one of my all time Charlton players. He was one of my "heros" from that era. Always gave his call for our club. Gave 110%. Nightmare for linos and refs though. 
  • Options
    Bit of a stretch to say it will grow our international supporter base.

Why would foreigners want to follow a league one club? It's not as if locals in Abu Dhabi who all follow Man City for obvious reasons, are going to suddenly abandon them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I don't think they're expecting to see thousands of Dubai children in little Charlton shirts. 

Think they're hoping the business owners when they want to sponsor or invest in a football club, can see their son going to the Charlton soccer camp down the road. 

"whilst also offering players opportunities to gain scholarships at the University of Greenwich."

One way to get a foothold into sending their children to the UK as well. 
  • Options
    I don't think they're expecting to see thousands of Dubai children in little Charlton shirts. 

Think they're hoping the business owners when they want to sponsor or invest in a football club, can see their son going to the Charlton soccer camp down the road. 

"whilst also offering players opportunities to gain scholarships at the University of Greenwich."

This is the target I believe, and scholarship in to USA with his contacts 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

This is the target I believe, and scholarship in to USA with his contacts 
    Have they moved the university of Greenwich to Connecticaut?  Or is there different types of scholarships? 
  • Options
    Wait... Addicks59 called this...
  • Options
    I wonder if the children in the UAE will be able to cope with Robbo's moaning  :D
  • Options
    This deal sounds like it could be very good news for John Robinson, less for us but I couldn’t give a toss.

Robbo worked his balls off for us from the minute he joined the club and put his heart and soul into it so if we can help him make a few quid then that’s fine with me.
  • Options
    There has to be something tangible in it for us, I am not sure that Thomas would do this just to put Robbo's  "kids through college".