Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Germany - Match Thread

Let’s kick this thread off early. 

Comments

• Options
                  Pickford

walker. Maguire stones.  Shaw

henderson phillips. Mount

saka.  Kane.  Sterling
  • Options
    It will end in tears. It always does
  • Options
    Reports are Foden and Mount back in, which I presume means Grealish and Saka will miss out. 

Big call on Mount considering he hasn’t trained with the team for the whole week.
  • Options
                      Pickford 
          Walker   Stones Maguire Tripier 

Rice   Phillips            

Mount 

Foden                       Sterling 

Kane 

• Options
    Southgate is cautious so I wouldn’t be surprised to see 5-3-2/3-5-2 with Kane and Sterling up front.
  • Options
    If true it's a bigger call to leave Saka out after the last game where he showed how he can attack defences and also defend. I think your probably correct though
  • Options
    3 at the back, Trippier back in for his set pieces.  What he perms from the attacking players is anyone's guess but I would think Sterling and Kane will play.  If I had to guess

Pickford

Walker
    Stones
    Maguire

Trippier
    Rice
    Phillips
    Mount
    Shaw

Kane
    Sterling

That's not what I would play, it's what I think he will. 
  • Options
    After 2 goals, all our goals, he’s never gonna drop Sterling.  He loves Mount, so I’m not surprised to see us revert back to the front 4 that started against Croatia and Scotland 

For me, it’s not so much the personnel (within reason), it’s more about the shackles being released and playing with a bit more adventure.  Kane needs better service, but he does look a bit knackered.  Hopefully the week’s rest has done him good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok let’s get this one in early doors, who is taking our penalties?
  • Options
    I think offensively our best chance (if it's the typical Southgate XI) is through Sterling. Long direct balls for him to run onto, making the German defense turn and run back towards goal. He can win easy free-kicks and even potentially get in on goal if he times his runs well. 

Defensively we're in trouble. Need to have a midfielder permanently stuck to Kroos at all times. As well as Gnabry as he drifts across the pitch a lot to find space.
    Plus once Gnabry drifts wide, Havertz then comes inside to find that space that Gnabry has left by dragging the defender over. 

I think allow Germany to play the ball around 35/30 yards from goal, allow them to get frustrated and hit them on the counter through Sterling and Kane. 

I think the first 3 games have shown we don't really have the squad cohesion to be able to play intricate little moves to break open defenses, so we'll have to rely on direct, quick football to find the space and exploit it. 
  • Options
    Ok let’s get this one in early doors, who is taking our penalties?
    Mount grealish trippier kane sterling 

in no particular order and if there even on the pitch :)
  • Options
    It's ok Southgate has taken direct control of the penalty practice...
  • Options
    I can imagine his talk “score and you’ll be a hero for a few weeks and then forgotten about …..miss and you will be on Pizza Hut adverts for months. 
  • Options
    I can imagine his talk “score and you’ll be a hero for a few weeks and then forgotten about …..miss and you will be on Pizza Hut adverts for months. 
    Sorry Ricky, I think it’s just eat or deliveroo ads these days!
  • Options
    really don't see us losing tomorrow, think we start fast and quick and score an early goal - Kane to kick start his tournament
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need to score early and hang on like grim death.
  • Options
    I would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch England,
    I wish I was Danish,
    I would rather Charlton win a corner in the Checkatrade trophy group stage than England win the World Cup,
    this lot are overpaid chuff-monkeys... there, all bases covered.

Come on England! Still on the cadge for a last minute ticket or two but it looks like its a few beers in Greenwich from lunchtime, fill up on Morley's then into the RAH to watch the game. 

• Options
    Yesterday the average number of caps in the Belgium v Portugal game was about 80.

We have got a very young, inexperienced team.  It's easy to say they do it a club level of course but they have players like KDB with them.  This team won't peak for 5 years.

Oh Spain have done a Nabby. 
  • Options
    We are going to win. 
  • Options
    3-0 Ingarland. 
  • Options
    Dilemma: I need to be in the office tomorrow, I’m planning on spending all morning making sure I can leave by half three to get home to see the (stupidly timed) game but part of me wonders if I will enhance our chances if I’m stuck on the M25 and can’t see it and am just relying on the radio feed

….decisions/decisions….
  • Options
    5-1 Michael Owen to commentate. 
  • Options
    NERVES.

I'd play Grealish and Foden, but no way Southgate drops Sterling. I just really hope we go at them, because I don't think sitting back will work.

Luckily I've got a tattoo booked in for tomorrow during the day, which will help me keep my mind off it 😂