Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plan B is Plan Bury: CAST presents Charlton case study to Fan-led Review Panel

Yesterday CAST had the opportunity of a 121 meeting with Tracey Crouch's Fan-led Review Panel. It was a constructive and engaging meeting and questions and discussion at the end meant it over-ran to 55 minutes, when usually they are very strict on the 45 minute cut-off. 

This is the start of our input to the panel - we will follow up with a further written submission. It is also likely that the panel will wish to make more of Lauren Kreamer's first hand knowledge and expertise in the legal areas, where football rules are often in conflict with company law.

You can read the report of our meeting here: 

https://www.castrust.org/2021/06/cast-tells-fan-led-review-that-plan-b-means-plan-bury/

Comments

• Options
    Great work by all of you.
  • Options
    Good work all! 
  • Options
    Sterling work from you all.
    Thank you so much 🙏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Excellent work by the Trust.

If anyone hasn't joined, this surely shows the value of doing so.
    Only a fiver: https://www.castrust.org/join/

Thanks for kind comments. 
  • Options
    Very good work.

We shall have to wait and see if the commission produces anything positive but that's no reason not to engage with the process.

Nice surprise to see a little mention for the museum in there too.
  • Options
    Well done to the CAST committee members. I can imagine a great deal of effort goes into preparing for these presentations and also the proposed follow up written submission.

Who knows what will result from this independent review but it's nice to have a seat at the table and to be able to further publicise Charlton's story and proposals for how football governance may be improved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    brilliant piece 
  • Options
    A huge thank you to all concerned and it, yet again, makes me very proud of our group of supporters, CAST and all others who have helped to fight our cause and advise others. 
  • Options
    A huge thank you to all concerned and it, yet again, makes me very proud of our group of supporters, CAST and all others who have helped to fight our cause and advise others. 
    Ditto, well said....

• Options
    Bravo CAST!!! I truly hope our recent experiences will be used to create sound legislation. A silver lining to the dark clouds we have suffered.
  • Options
    Excellent work by CAST.....now we need the government to act, not just mealy mouth words!!
    Thanks to everyone who attended!!
  • Options
    Excellent work, we owe the CAST board a lot of respect.
  • Options
    Excellent work and an excellent write up. 

Side note, I can't emphasise enough how strict ministers private office are with their diaries so to get 10 mins extra is huge.
  • Options
    A big big thankyou 
  • Options
    Top work all around. Well done and thank you to all concerned. If enough people keep banging the drum eventually people with the power stop the crooks will have to sit up and listen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done CAST, an excellent review of the shenanigans that have blighted the club over the last 5 years. It must behove the authorities to do something about the spivs and crooks to try to use clubs for their own financial gain.

• Options
    Superb effort by one and all.
    Makes one proud to be an Addick.
  • Options
    Just want to say that as one of the newbie CAST board members I have been astounded by the amount of time and effort my fellow members put in for the cause.
    If I can do half as much I’d be happy, but I’m sure my colleagues will want more out of me than that!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    I have to admit, that write up brought an unexpected lump to my throat this morning. It captures brilliantly the range of issues and the emotional impact the current nonsense has on us fans. Well done indeed, CAST. Proud to know you and proud to be a member.
    Well said, Davo. I knew they would do a brilliant job, but that write-up is a tour de force. Those of us on Twitter should @ some of the good journos with a link to this. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    This has reminded me again that with RD in charge of the assets we are not out of the woods. Not surprisngly there was nobody from the EFL present. Proud to be a CAST member.