Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The (Professional) Golf Thread

What the hell happened to Justin Rose this week??

Comments

• Options
    What the hell happened to Justin Rose this week??
    He’s been awful since he took the big money option of switching to Honma clubs just as he was at the peak of his form. Didn’t get on with the clubs and has now gone back to his old gear but has lost his mojo in the process. 
  • Options
    Same thing happened to McIlroy when he took a massive wedge to be sponsored by Nike back in 2012
  • Options
    Same thing happened to McIlroy when he took a massive wedge to be sponsored by Nike back in 2012
    I see what you did there. 
  • Options
    I see what you did there. 
    Oh that I was that amusing to even think of it!
  • Options
    So, whose your money on for this evening ??  One of the 3 leaders, if so which one ? Or do you think McIlroy / Dechambeau will show their prowess and win.

I'd love McIlroy to win, but if he doesn't I'll be rooting for Oosti.
  • Options
    He's not going to win but I think Poulter has been great so far.
    I'd love him to shoot a really low score this evening. 
  • Options
    So, whose your money on for this evening ??  One of the 3 leaders, if so which one ? Or do you think McIlroy / Dechambeau will show their prowess and win.

I'd love McIlroy to win, but if he doesn't I'll be rooting for Oosti.
    Rooting for Rahmbo or Rors! I think the guys to watch are Schauffele and Scheffler.
  • Options
    Hopefully Louis seeing as I've backed him, but I have a feeling that BDC may repeat.
  • Options
    On Louis at 50/1 so hoping but can see either Rory or Bryson coming through tonight
  • Options
    Bryson could have been so much lower yesterday but his putting was poor.

I have Schauffler, Scheffler, McIlroy and Poulter at 1/5 odds top 10 with Paddy Power. 

So it'll be none of them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Golf on and claret opened, any bodies guess but it's Rahm for me. 
  • Options
    Looks like it just went pearshape  for JR,  good call jon you burk good job no money changed hands with a bookie. 
  • Options
    Hold on he got away with it, lump on.
  • Options
    Been some amazing golf tonight. They’re so good 
  • Options
    Hughes needs a tree wood. 
  • Options
    Been some amazing golf tonight. They’re so good 
    Soon as I posted that it’s all gone the other way!
  • Options
    Dechambeau and Rory unravelling
  • Options
    I’ve got Oosthuizen & Rahm with Corals but still rooting for Rory. 
    If Rahms putter was not stone cold he’d be well clear
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I’ve got Oosthuizen & Rahm with Corals but still rooting for Rory. 
    If Rahms putter was not stone cold he’d be well clear
    It’s warmed up now…..
  • Options
    Oosthuizen didn't fancy doing a tin-cup.....

Booooo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great final day by Rahm
  • Options
    Been catching up with the final round this morning
     Very frustrating for Louis (and me) who always seems to find one to beat him. Well done to Rahm however, the first of many Majors I suspect
  • Options
    So glad Bryson messed up again. One day he might realise that golf is more than hitting a ball as far as you can. Not sure if he has played much British links golf so he might be in for a shock next month at Royal St Georges.......might be worthwhile hanging around Princes in case he hits some strays balls out there 😄.
  • Options
    Although if he hits it straight God only knows how far he will drive the ball if the fairways are dry
  • Options
    So glad Bryson messed up again. One day he might realise that golf is more than hitting a ball as far as you can. Not sure if he has played much British links golf so he might be in for a shock next month at Royal St Georges.......might be worthwhile hanging around Princes in case he hits some strays balls out there 😄.
    I really like him, he’s different. But his constant not bothering to signal when hitting into a crowd is proper baggy. 
  • Options
    I really like him, he’s different. But his constant not bothering to signal when hitting into a crowd is proper baggy. 
    totally agree. All these professionals have been playing golf since a very young age. They all know what to shout/do when a drive is going offline. Penalty shots is the only answer - any shot going into the crowd without a shout FROM THE PLAYER should mean a dropped shot. That will concentrate the mind. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Although if he hits it straight God only knows how far he will drive the ball if the fairways are dry

Just as much chance of being in the rough after hitting it straight - the joy of links golf!

• Options
    Scottish open well under way, big John Rahm playing beautifully again this morning, roll on the Open next week. 
  • Options
    I'm fearing that the poor summer we've had so far will leave St George's looking rather tame. The rough might be brutal if they have left it to grow in the rain but I doubt the fairways with be dry & fiery. Usually on a British links course you are punished with the ball running & running & running until it finds a pot bunker or a patch of gorse/heather. I will admit I've not played this year so no idea how the fairways are playing but if we had had 6 weeks of sunshine I'm sure it would be a tougher test.
  • Options
    I'm fearing that the poor summer we've had so far will leave St George's looking rather tame. The rough might be brutal if they have left it to grow in the rain but I doubt the fairways with be dry & fiery. Usually on a British links course you are punished with the ball running & running & running until it finds a pot bunker or a patch of gorse/heather. I will admit I've not played this year so no idea how the fairways are playing but if we had had 6 weeks of sunshine I'm sure it would be a tougher test.
    I play on a links course and the rain we’ve had over the last few weeks has definitely softened it a bit, you can see that at the Scottish Open. If the wind doesn’t blow next week scoring will be very low.