Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Scotland - Match Thread

Come on!!!!!!

(these previews are definitely getting shorter)

Comments

• Going pub tonight and can’t remember the last Matchday I’ve been buzzing in anticipation of a game ahead. 
  • England should win easily but I'm sure Scotland will make a game of it.
  • Scotland will be bang up for this but then so should England. We have a lot more quality and should win but not expecting an easy game at all.
  • Scotland will be bang up for this but then so should England. We have a lot more quality and should win but not expecting an easy game at all.
    England's performances rarely match the quality in the team.
  • We’re too good for them. 
  • Had a couple of mates coming over to watch it but have had to cancel as my wife has to self isolate. Gutted but at least I’ve still got loads of beer and crisps to keep me company. Really looking forward to the game 
  • If England score early I reckon we will win comfortably 3 0 or 4 0
    Even if we don't score early I still expect us to win
  • Going pub tonight and can’t remember the last Matchday I’ve been buzzing in anticipation of a game ahead. 
    I would of been tempted by a pub garden if it was nice but will stay home and just have a couple and watch it properly.
    Can hardly remember the 2nd half of the Croatia game I was so messy 
  • Hard to leave Phillips out after his performance, Mount and Sterling too.
    Will be interesting to see how Gareth thinks we should set up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it weird I like that it'll probably be tipping it down?  Feels more like a derby somehow.
  • The Scots will be happy with the current 0-0 scoreline 
  • edited June 2021
    Scotland are going to get stuck in I think we should play Grealish instead of Sterling simply as he will love tacking the piss and winning free kicks.

Then Sterling can come on when they are knackered.
  • edited June 2021
    The overconfidence makes me nervous. It's 90 minutes, anything can happen... An early sending off, a Scotland pen out of nowhere and then they're backs to walls... it's football, we know how it goes. 
  • Had a couple of mates coming over to watch it but have had to cancel as my wife has to self isolate. Gutted but at least I’ve still got loads of beer and crisps to keep me company. Really looking forward to the game 
    I much prefer my wife to self-isolate when I am watching footy  ;)
  • yep - mate has a table in the George Staples so I've got myself on that, not watched a game in a pub for a long time,

shame the weather isn't a bit better!
  • edited June 2021
    yep - mate has a table in the George Staples so I've got myself on that, not watched a game in a pub for a long time,

shame the weather isn't a bit better!
    I tried booking there the other day for every England game on route to the final and all fully booked.
  • Getting the train up to London in next hour or so. Always love playing Scotland as a lot of my family come down for the game and get to see them guys.

Second game I have seen live since Middlesbrough in March 2020. Let’s hope England win.
  • Scotland's cup final and so often in the past things have levelled out despite form and having better players.
    I have a good feeling about tonight though.
    Comfortable 3-0 win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thankfully, The Mitre Greenwich have just confirmed they’ve moved my groups table indoors due to the weather. 
  • If we come second in the group do we get an easier next round route ?
    if so draw this and let someone else knock them out 
  • Watching it with my boys at my youngest's house - it will get messy (but we're staying over so no driving).

I won't be singing Flower of Scotland tonight!

COME ON ENGLAND!!

• The great british weather will not stop me watching this in my outdoor bar. In fact I’m sorely tempted to have a beer soon. 

• The wetter the better!
  • Shaw and James coming in for Walker and Trippier. Happy with that
  • No prediction from me, I just can’t.

But I tell you this, I don’t remember being this nervous before a game for ages.

C’mon England, pleeeeeeeeeease 🙏🏻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿❤️