Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What 3 words

Anyone used the app at all? It assigns a unique 3 words insignia to every 3m² square on the planet.

Anyway, I bring this up because my seat (roughly) at The Valley has a great 3 word name associated with football!

I do love to admire a lawn kick from my favourite players 😂

Comments

• Total Absolute Bollocks
  • edited June 2021
    Use it all the time.

It's fantastic for easy navigating to meet people if their location cannot be clear and specific. Prime example is on Beaches.

It will open google maps and take you to the central lat/long of the 3mx3m square.
  • Brilliant tool for identifying your location if needing to contact any of the emergency services. We can use it to triangulate your position if you cannot identify a road name, or if an incident is off the beaten track, to enable resources to be sent to you.
  • I love it

• Need to keep an eye on this lot.
  • Ross said:
    Brilliant tool for identifying your location if needing to contact any of the emergency services. We can use it to triangulate your position if you cannot identify a road name, or if an incident is off the beaten track, to enable resources to be sent to you.
    I've got a button in my car that does that.
  • It's a terrific system.  I have been an advocate of it for years.  I am so pleased they're finally getting some well-deserved publicity and signing up some huge licences - the latest being with Deutsche Post. 
  • Blow through L1
  • Being a firefighter in a rural location we have been using it for a while, with mixed results.  It all depends on the person making the call, once a nice lady driving by a fire in some woods drove home before phoning the fire service, when asked for any details on the location she wasn't very helpful. When asked if she used the What Three Words app she said and gave them the three for her location, about 8 miles from where she had seen a fire.
  • Wait a minute ... 

... this means that all books, articles, reports, instruction manuals etc can be turned into a journey simply by using each successive group of three words.

And all journeys can be turned into stream-of-consciousness prose.

And all lives can be mapped into a three-dimensional matrix (location, time and action).

And I thought that we were nothing more than stardust.  We are numbers and words.