Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Buster

Is back on the telly tonight with our old mate Phil Collins .. and we can all sing along to this .. 

https://youtu.be/qckmHD55bD8

Comments

• Love this film, I was 9 when it came out & absolutely loved it, got the soundtrack on cassette & everything. Is that a weird film for a 9 year old to love?!
  • Love this film, I was 9 when it came out & absolutely loved it, got the soundtrack on cassette & everything. Is that a weird film for a 9 year old to love?!
    not at all .. a good lively, colourful, cor blimey, leave it aht film .. classic of its kind ((:>)
  • Weird, have literally just set tv to record this.
  • Cracking film , used to have a pub in cheddington & still gets plenty of tourists coming to see where the train was taken.

• edited June 2021
    Used to see 'Buster Edwards' every day when I used to get the train from New Eltham to work. He was running his flower stall outside Waterloo station.
    I often said hello as I walked past.
    Love the film as well!
  • A film that glorifies criminals.  No thanks.
    Jack Mills the train driver never recovered from being coshed in the head
    It's a biopic, what was you expecting?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    A film that glorifies criminals.  No thanks.
    Can only say that there were strong suggestions at the time that he wasn’t actually injured anything like as badly as portrayed to the media and the courts.
    Not saying he was or wasn’t, only that it’s thought by many to be something of a stitch up.....excuse the pun!
    It certainly wouldn’t have been beyond the Flying Squads ability to ‘arrange’ such a scenario.
    I remember distinctly a few quite high level villains, who mixed in and around Lewisham Snooker Hall and the Lewisham market area, airing this view.
    Add to this it must be remembered that the person who allegedly attacked Mills was never identified and was in fact one of the three robbers that were never ‘officially’ apprehended (Mmmmm how convenient),.......there have always been some doubts about the severity of the attack and to this day it’s something of a grey area.
  • edited June 2021

• Got to know Buster personally after spending a few weeks with him. He hated the film as it was a bad reflection on him and not all the facts and dates in the film were true. He walked out after the opening scene in the premier, as well as there was more too why he came back. 
  • edited June 2021
    Did you know that Charlton is only mentioned in the film because the screen writer Colin Shindler is a Manchester City supporter? He was the author of 'Manchester United ruined my life' . 

By mentioning the win we had at Maine Road when Firmani scored was his way of ensuring the sky blues got a name check. 
  • Richard J said:
    Did you know that Charlton is only mentioned in the film because the screen writer Colin Schindler is a Manchester City supporter? He was the author of 'Manchester United ruined my life' . 

By mentioning the win we had at Maine Road when Firmani scored was his way of ensuring the sky blues got a name check. 
    Isn’t there a scene when buster specifically talks about going to a Charlton game, but not relating to Man City?
  • DA9 said:
    Richard J said:
    Did you know that Charlton is only mentioned in the film because the screen writer Colin Schindler is a Manchester City supporter? He was the author of 'Manchester United ruined my life' . 

Isn’t there a scene when buster specifically talks about going to a Charlton game, but not relating to Man City?
    In' Manchester United ruined my life' Shindler talks about how he weaved City into the narrative.

He talks about how the film script contained 'the occasional Cityism' and that he remembered the game 'vividly' and that 'Firmani had given Roy Cheetham such a torrid time I thought it worthy of immortalising on film'.
    Can only say that there were strong suggestions at the time that he wasn’t actually injured anything like as badly as portrayed to the media and the courts.
    Not saying he was or wasn’t, only that it’s thought by many to be something of a stitch up.....excuse the pun!
    It certainly wouldn’t have been beyond the Flying Squads ability to ‘arrange’ such a scenario.
    I remember distinctly a few quite high level villains, who mixed in and around Lewisham Snooker Hall and the Lewisham market area, airing this view.
    Add to this it must be remembered that the person who allegedly attacked Mills was never identified and was in fact one of the three robbers that were never ‘officially’ apprehended (Mmmmm how convenient),.......there have always been some doubts about the severity of the attack and to this day it’s something of a grey area.
    It’s not really a surprise that known gangsters would come up with a fabrication to protect their own and to have a dig at the police.

would I believe a known gangster or a police officer!! 

Ultimately, the actions of one of the great train robbers resulted in an innocent persons life being cut short and that shouldn’t be brushed under the carpet.
  • edited June 2021
    Got to know Buster personally after spending a few weeks with him. He hated the film as it was a bad reflection on him and not all the facts and dates in the film were true. He walked out after the opening scene in the premier, as well as there was more too why he came back. 
    It made a person involved in a robbery look bad? Was he not involved then?

what next, hitler walking out of Schindler’s list
  • Richard J said:
    DA9 said:
    Richard J said:

In' Manchester United ruined my life' Shindler talks about how he weaved City into the narrative.

He talks about how the film script contained 'the occasional Cityism' and that he remembered the game 'vividly' and that 'Firmani had given Roy Cheetham such a torrid time I thought it worthy of immortalising on film'.
    My point is, I don’t think that’s the only reason Charlton get a mention, buster mentions us separately in another scene 
  • I really enjoyed the programme before on Phil Collins' music, a step down memory lane! Mind you, that checked suit he wore in many clips was awful and made him look older than his years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Got to know Buster personally after spending a few weeks with him. He hated the film as it was a bad reflection on him and not all the facts and dates in the film were true. He walked out after the opening scene in the premier, as well as there was more too why he came back. 
    It made a person involved in a robbery look bad? Was he not involved then?

what next, hitler walking out of Schindler’s list
    The opening scene when he put the dustbin threw the window for the suit he was 15 when he done that. The reasons for coming back to England was not to give himself up due to June being homesick, there are many things in the film that are exaggerated or not in the timeline of his life.
  • I think that’s how films work mate….
    It’s not really a surprise that known gangsters would come up with a fabrication to protect their own and to have a dig at the police.

Ultimately, the actions of one of the great train robbers resulted in an innocent persons life being cut short and that shouldn’t be brushed under the carpet.
    The old bill were more corrupt than anything back in the days.History has shown that, as well as the saying of a “bent copper” is not down to his sexual preference. Surely you are not that wet behind the ears.
    Even now they can make things go in there favour....then again it can also go on yours as they haven’t followed the guidelines that are now set in place.

• edited June 2021

The old bill were more corrupt than anything back in the days.History has shown that, as well as the saying of a “bent copper” is not down to his sexual preference. Surely you are not that wet behind the ears.
    Even now they can make things go in there favour....then again it can also go on yours as they haven’t followed the guidelines that are now set in place.

You honestly believe that the train driver wasn’t hit over the head and seriously injured? Bet yet call someone else wet behind the ears!

the poor guy was trying to earn an honest living, did he deserve what happened to him? Was it fair that he got a reported £250 compensation when Ronnie Biggs wife sold her story to the press for £60,000.

he didn’t live a very nice after he was assaulted when doing his job but fuck him, as long as we make sure that buster (who I am assuming was remunerated very well  for the film) is okay after the film made a piece of shit to look like a piece of shit!

#prayforbuster

Very little difference between some of the flying squad members and the known gangsters: I’m all for an effective police but my god, plenty of innocent people’s lives been cut short over the years by officially sanctioned actions. Not saying either should be brushed under the carpet but there has to be some balance.
  • So Buster walked out and got upset the film wasn’t in fact a documentary and was a piece of fiction based on a true story?

fuck him, his companions and even his wife who fucked off abroad with him, knowing what he had been part of. 
  • edited June 2021
    PopIcon said:
    It's a biopic, what was you expecting?
    I didn't say it surprises me that it glorifies criminals, just that that is the reason it is not for me.

Got to know Buster personally after spending a few weeks with him. He hated the film as it was a bad reflection on him and not all the facts and dates in the film were true. He walked out after the opening scene in the premier, as well as there was more too why he came back. 
    Oh diddums to Buster.  
  • edited June 2021

You honestly believe that the train driver wasn’t hit over the head and seriously injured? Bet yet call someone else wet behind the ears!

the poor guy was trying to earn an honest living, did he deserve what happened to him? Was it fair that he got a reported £250 compensation when Ronnie Biggs wife sold her story to the press for £60,000.

he didn’t live a very nice after he was assaulted when doing his job but fuck him, as long as we make sure that buster (who I am assuming was remunerated very well  for the film) is okay after the film made a piece of shit to look like a piece of shit!    Not really answered the post though !!
  • You haven’t answered the response to your post, just keep going on about the train driver!
  • You haven’t answered the response to your post, just keep going on about the train driver!
    If that's your game....at 8:am I asked was Buster not involved in the great train robbery?

Honestly, I really don't care if the police were bent in the 60's.  What impact on the robbery did 'bent' police play?  Worst case is that they over exaggerated an assault on a train driver to influence the public into not falling into the trap of believing that the robbers were hero's, a trap that it looks like you have fallen into by being star struck over gangsters in a lewisham snooker club. Although this was such a high profile case, how many people would have been on the conspiracy.  I really seriously doubt this happened.

I will go on about the train driver.  He was the victim, not Buster. He wasnt the only victim of busters crimes though, was he?

Reading other posts on this subject, I am not the only one that has no sympathy for buster.  He was a career criminal, he wasn't a one off chancer who got caught.  I dont care that he got upset that a film made out that he came back because his wife was homesick.  A probable factor in him coming back was that he ran out of money.  Not running out of his own money, running out of money that belonged to someone else that he illegally took!

So he might not have thrown a bin through a window at the age of 15, what did he do aged 15-30 that wasnt in the film?  Again, no symphathy.

Didn't buster appear in the film?  I've never appeared in a film so im not sure of the protocol but if he appeared would he have access to scrips, or seen it before the premier?  Him walking out suggests to me that it suited his agenda of being wronged in the public eye