Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

B&B Accommodation in Kent

Has anyone got some suggestions for accommodation within a 30 minute drive of New Romney/Hythe area please. A decent pub with accommodation would be ideal but all accommodation suggestions (bar camping!) would be useful. Thanks Phil.

Comments

• edited June 2021
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Brambles+Bed+and+Breakfast+Dover+Kent,+Church+Hill,+Eythorne,+Dover+CT15+4AF/@51.2012057,1.2623945,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x47deb0f1246262d1:0xf6d13f7e8679e0ed?hl=en-GB

34 min drive.

Stayed here last week and it was spotless. Big rooms, cracking breakfast. Pub (serving really good food) and Moretti 5mins walk away.

Really friendly/accommodating couple who run it.

Complimentary lemon drizzle cake if that’s your thing.
  • Haven't stayed there for a few years but The Star Inn, in St Mary on The Marsh was always good. About a 10 minute drive from Dymchurch.

The Star Inn Romney Marsh – Pub and Restaurant – B&B (thestarinnthemarsh.co.uk

Edith Nesbitt is buried in the churchyard opposite.
  • Cliff farm B&B, Military road Rye.

Pat and Geoff the owners are a lovely couple who will do anything to please.    And they're old friends.
  • edited June 2021
    The New Inn in Winchelsea is a good pub with a lovely garden, and this place nearby is fabulous if they have any vacancies:
  • Phil said:
    Has anyone got some suggestions for accommodation within a 30 minute drive of New Romney/Hythe area please. A decent pub with accommodation would be ideal but all accommodation suggestions (bar camping!) would be useful. Thanks Phil.
    Is that you lefty ??  I would have thought you could have afforded something better for the The Open this year. 
  • edited June 2021
    When we had a caravan at New Romney, we always drove to this place. Food is amazing. Especially Sunday https://www.thewhitehorse-bilsington.co.uk/

Also has rooms and even a cricket pitch behind the pub. Just the best.
  • When we had a caravan at New Romney, we always drove to this place. Food is amazing. Especially Sunday https://www.thewhitehorse-bilsington.co.uk/

Also has rooms and even a cricket pitch behind the pub. Just the best.
    Looks great, thanks for pointing that out.
  • Waterside Guest House just along  from the converted Martello tower in Dymchurch. Just across the road from the seafront. Easy walking distance to a few good eateries. 
  • Thanks for the various suggestions. I’ll check them out.
  • edited June 2021
    Not accommodation, but if you get a chance and want to go back in time, check out the pub The Red Lion in Snargate (a couple of miles South of Appledore),  it's been in the same family for 100 years and hasn't been changed since pre WW2.

Only has conventional opening hours and outside toilets. Lots of original posters and memorabilia.

• Sponsored links:

• Not accommodation, but if you get a chance and want to go back in time, check out the pub The Red Lion in Snargate (a couple of miles South of Appledore),  it's been in the same family for 100 years and hasn't been changed since pre WW2.

Only has conventional opening hours and outside toilets. Lots of original posters and memorabilia.

Yep and while you're there IF the Church opposite is open go in to see some 15th century graffitti.
  • edited June 2021
    Not accommodation, but if you get a chance and want to go back in time, check out the pub The Red Lion in Snargate (a couple of miles South of Appledore),  it's been in the same family for 100 years and hasn't been changed since pre WW2.

Yep and while you're there IF the Church opposite is open go in to see some 15th century graffitti.
    Possibly that way in a couple of weeks so will look both up.

Last time i was in that pub, the only food they did were crisps and pickled eggs. The till was the old push down type lever buttons, they only sold bottled lager, and had a little side room where you could play old board games.

I am sure they sold guinness and light ale in bottles.
  • Not accommodation, but if you get a chance and want to go back in time, check out the pub The Red Lion in Snargate (a couple of miles South of Appledore),  it's been in the same family for 100 years and hasn't been changed since pre WW2.

I went there about 14 years ago. As you say it’s a great pub trip down memory lane. Good shout and I will try and revisit it when down there.