Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Belt Repair...advice/help

Hello all,

I have a designer belt that's been in the back of my wardrobe for ages. I just wondered, does anybody know where I can go to fix it?

The buckle pin has come off as shown in the photo, and would need a new one added/welded on. I spoke with Louis Vuitton who said I can go in store to get it fixed but would likely come at a cost, and I'd assume quite a hefty one so wanted to see if there were any alternatives.

Thanks in advance. 


Comments

  • I know a nice man in Penang who does great repairs like this; probably cheaper to fly there than ask LV to do it in-house!
  • I'd look for a belt maker at a market and try to contact them. It would be easy in Italy or Spain as there are a lot of these places but there must be some here also. You would think they would have the equipment if they make belts and will be much cheaper.

    Here is one I found quickly but you might find better with a bit of time.

    https://www.bathleathergoods.com/
  • I had a similar issue with a bag strap not do long ago and my local Timpson's fixed it on the spot and didn't even want to charge me. Stuck some cash in the charity pot in exchange! 
  • edited June 11
    IanJRO said:
    I had a similar issue with a bag strap not do long ago and my local Timpson's fixed it on the spot and didn't even want to charge me. Stuck some cash in the charity pot in exchange! 
    Timpson’s are brilliant at those little repairs. Like you I’ve had a few things they’ve done like that for no charge. Great customer service.
  • iainment said:
    IanJRO said:
    I had a similar issue with a bag strap not do long ago and my local Timpson's fixed it on the spot and didn't even want to charge me. Stuck some cash in the charity pot in exchange! 
    Timpson’s are brilliant at those little repairs. Like you I’ve had a few things they’ve done like that for no charge. Great customer service.
    An exemplary company owned by an exemplary businessman.
  • Can't you go on The Repair Shop?
  • bobmunro said:
    iainment said:
    IanJRO said:
    I had a similar issue with a bag strap not do long ago and my local Timpson's fixed it on the spot and didn't even want to charge me. Stuck some cash in the charity pot in exchange! 
    Timpson’s are brilliant at those little repairs. Like you I’ve had a few things they’ve done like that for no charge. Great customer service.
    An exemplary company owned by an exemplary businessman.
    Didn’t know you were involved Bob.
  • Not sure where you are based but there is a very good guy that has a stall in Greenwich market, sells, repairs and alters belts. Not sure if still there but he was when I last went.
  • Hello all,

    I have a designer belt that's been in the back of my wardrobe for ages. I just wondered, does anybody know where I can go to fix it?

    The buckle pin has come off as shown in the photo, and would need a new one added/welded on. I spoke with Louis Vuitton who said I can go in store to get it fixed but would likely come at a cost, and I'd assume quite a hefty one so wanted to see if there were any alternatives.

    Thanks in advance. 


    You know what they say “buy cheap, buy twice”

  • edited June 11
    Heres my new belt arrived today £15 quid all in
    Doesn't matter what it looks like because you cant see it under the beergut.
    Its only there to stop my trousers accidentally falling down and avoid me getting arrested, (yet again!.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out Forever!