Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Izale McLeod

edited July 2007 in Rumours
McLeod a wanted man?

Looks like their drumming up more interest.

Comments

• Options
    who's his agent ? Sky think he has three of them on the go ..........

McLeod
  • Options
    His agent is Tony Finnegan, a Palace fan, and wouldn't be suprised if they were interested in him as well.
  • Options
    And Wright Wright Wright is a football agency founded by ex-palace players Finnegan, Ian Wright and Andy Gray
  • Options
    Chrissy Powell and our current trialist Dean Sinclair are amongst their clients.
  • Options
    Buy McLeod, get Sinclair free, what a deal!
  • Options
    Vicious rumour is he had a medical today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Vicious rumour is he had a medical today.

i heard that yesterday and hope it's true but he's supposed to be playing for the Dons tonight. it will be interesting to see if he plays or gets pulled out of the squad but i reckon this deal is a long way from done.
  • Options
    looks like he favours a move to the valley

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=477426&CPID=8&clid=33&lid=4&title=Addicks+lining+up+McLeod+bid&channel=&
  • Options
    He's young, and maybe a useful back up striker this season. Been a handful in the lower divisions, but the guy flopped at Derby at this level so I would feel uneasy about him as a 1st team regular without having had time to adapt.
  • Options
    McLeod is playing tonight so the deal is a way from being done yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]He's young, and maybe a useful back up striker this season. Been a handful in the lower divisions, but the guy flopped at Derby at this level so I would feel uneasy about him as a 1st team regular without having had time to adapt.

That is almost an endorsment for a striker from you CS - you been down the pub? :0)
  • Options
    Actually I haven't. I think he would be a good addition, but worth loaning out for 3 months to someone like Scunthorpe, Hull, Blackppool etc, so he can get experience of Championship football at a club at the other end of the table (And if he gets a winner or 2 against Wolves, Watford etc. then that can only be a bonus)
  • Options
    Never seen him play. I fear that despite my loathing towards the glitz of the premiership, I may (following my friend's lower league teams asides) have become a premiership snob - I have hardly seen any of the players we now find ourselves linked with or up against! I was there way before we went up - odd how you adapt to things really.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm just like you on this, Sco - have hardly bothered to take an interest in anything going on below the Prem for 3-4 years now, and you quickly lose touch. (I do know who Coventry's manager is, though...)
  • Options
    McLeod scored a stunner tonight.
  • Options
    Cunning... i do wonder sometimes who exactly you think we can sign that is better than those we have signed, anyone prolfic in the CCC under the age of 25 quickly finds themself in the premier league - Bent, Chopra, Ashton, Bellemy, Keane, are all players that spring to mind.

Fact of the matter is that the our options are either young talented and raw from a divisions below wanting a step up or journeymen and non prolific strikers that have been around the CCC for a while.
  • Options
    agree 100% T.
  • Options
    T

My point was that he would need time to adapt to the Championship, time we don't have.
  • Options
    Mark Kinsella didn't need the time to adapt to League 1 following his step-up from League 3. There's nothing to suggest that Mcleod won't adapt.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Mark Kinsella didn't need the time to adapt to League 1 following his step-up from League 3. There's nothing to suggest that Mcleod won't adapt.[/quote]

Kinsella always was a talented footballer, I think he was offered an apprenticeship contract at Man U at the age of 16 and chose a playing contract at Colchester instead, the consensus was was that he was too physically light-weight to succeed in the top two divisions and he languished at Colchester for a couple of seasons too long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bent didn't need time to adapt to the premiership which everyone talks about as being a gulf in class with the CCC, while, i don't remeber the likes of Lita, Ellington, Earnshaw going out on loan on signing for a new club so they could get used to the Championship

He's scored for the U21's and in divisions 1 & 2 he's no different a gamble than we took on Bent at the time.
  • Options
    He gets angry easily, have a look at his disciplinary record. Good player though
  • Options
    McLeod actually scored quite a few in league 1 when the Dons got relegated a couple of years back didn't he? So he's not just done it in league 2. Would be a decent buy but as Carter says he'd need to sort out his disciplinary problems
  • Options
    Oh good, another hothead. Perhaps we should have a sweep on how many matches in the season we actually manage to end with 11 still on the pitch?
  • Options
    Another hothead?

What would supporters rather have: players who hide or just limply roll over and die when the chips are down - or players with a bit of fire in their belly?

I believe Pards is looking for the spirited 'never say die' character of player rather than the wussy pussy insipid prima donnas happy to just collect their paycheque.
  • Options
    And there was me thinking you quite liked Dennis on his day, Oggy!

I have no problem with passionate characters a la Kins, Browny, Robbo. I do have a problem with head cases whose lack of discipline let's the team down - like Thatcher at Blackburn. As I've admitted before, I'd never heard of most of the new signings (or potential ones) so will have to wait and see.
  • Options
    big difference between a hothead who puts himself about on the pitch, or an arrogant sulk with a chip on their should that picks up needless bookings and sending offs when things aren't going for them.

I haven't a clue what one McLeod is.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    He has all of the above issues but i do think he can be moulded into a quality striker.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]And there was me thinking you quite liked Dennis on his day, Oggy!

Ah, Dennis, Weegie........ when he first signed, we were going to call him 'Streaky' or 'Red Rom' or something, fastest player in the Premiership. Back then. we never realised he could disappear in matches just as quickly.
    Only Lord Lucan disappeared faster......

If only he'd covered every blade of grass, if only he was that ferocious ballwinner we craved. If only he had been the 'new' Scott Parker. If only he'd been a hothead........

If only we'd played him to his strengths. Or have we had this conversation before? ;-)

But he'll always be 'Dennis in the Last Minute'. No one can take that away from him............
  • Options
    this one sounds a bit messy. From the Milton Keynes Citizen:

TRANSFER-listed MK Dons striker Izale McLeod has bizarrely blasted agent Gino Culbertson for continuing to plan his exit, and claimed: "He hasn't represented me for a year!"
    McLeod, 22, is closing in on a £1.5million move to the Championship with Charlton and Leicester City lining up bids for the League Two Player of the Year.

But the Dons top scorer has launched an astonishing attack on his supposed agent for talking about the progress of his move – as he claims he sacked Culbertson last year.

Culbertson refutes the claim and insists he is still contracted to the former England Under 21 international for a further year.

The agent said publicly he is hopeful McLeod's transfer will 'progress over the next few days'.

But McLeod told the Citizen: "Gino no longer represents me – I told him a year ago that I didn't want him as my agent any more.

"I've asked him not to speak on my behalf so you can ignore anything he has said in the papers.

"There was no fall-out, I've known Gino since I was at Derby but I said to him I felt it was just time for change. I haven't got an agent at the moment."

However, Culbertson is adamant McLeod is still his client and is ready to take action against any agent planning to poach him.

Culbertson said: "Izale is still contracted to me. He's been with me nearly seven years but it appears there's someone else trying to do something behind the scenes.

"If there is they will find themselves in
    very serious hot water – I'll take appropriate action against them."

The Dons are still waiting for their first formal bid of the summer for McLeod, who scored 24 goals last season.

Culbertson said: "We're getting inundated with calls but we're still waiting for a bid. The original valuation for Izale was £1.5million but it's what someone wants to pay for him that matters.

"We're hoping a bid might come this week but we're not expecting it as the transfer window is open until the end of August.

"Speculation doesn't do anyone any good so hopefully things will be sorted sooner rather than later."

But McLeod said: "I'm just concentrating on my football – if it happens it happens, if it doesn't I've got a year left on my contract so I'll give 100 per cent for MK Dons.

"I was playing with a knee injury for the last four months of last season but I'm fine now and raring to go."