Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea Beach

edited May 2021 in General Charlton
Saw this on twitter and found it amusing. Anyone have memories of the day? I remember Varney coming out afterwards and saying the match should be replayed on green because the pitch violated PL rules...

Comments

• Options
    In the opening stages Jimmy Floyd Fat Fuck fell over in the box about five yards away from the nearest defender (Sir Chris) and the ref gave a penalty. The way he nodded in agreement with the referee still winds me up. 
  • Options
    Shit show of a club - loath them - and that day just winded me up no end - wankers 
    1-1 Paul Miller
    4-2 Boxing Day
    Last weeks last minute VAR
    John Terry Full Kit Wanker
    Suggs
    Three wheeler light blue cars
    Electric fences

They have had some trophies bought for them, but still plenty to laugh about...I'm sure the list could be extended...
  • Options
    Christ almighty, what a diabolical fing liberty they took that day..........looking back on it, we really should have refused to play.
    In fact the ref should have declared it unfit.
    Story i heard was the ref wanted the game called off but his boss (Head of the PGMOL Phil Don) was also at the game and insisted that the game go ahead
  • Options
    Chelsea properly took the piss that day.
    They never gave us any warning of what to expect. 
    Had they been playing man.utd for instance Ferguson would have told them to FUCK OFF and refused to play. 
    In hindsight we should have done exactly the same. 
    exactly this, Fergie/Wenger would've never allowed that game to be played
  • Options
    I was up in the main stand that day with a couple of Chelsea supporting mates.  I got absolutely hammered and was upsetting all around me.  Anyway, we should have refused to play. 

I absolutely hate that team. I hate Abramovich and now I hate Tuchel. Hope Man City tear them a new one in the CL final. 
  • Options
    yeah I was on a corporate in the Zola suite with a load of Chelsea supporters, I was smashed (think we were already 1-0 down when we got to our seats).

Anyway we were playing the throw in/corner game and I happened to be holding the £100+ right at the end which was going to soften the blow of the game....when deep into added on time (on top of the already added on time) the ref inexplicably gave a corner and I had to pass the money to the grinning Chelsea berk next to me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should never have been played but was the same for both sides , I’m sure Chelsea hadn’t practised on it .

Hate them , so hope Man City beat them with a goal early on and it’s dull as fuck like the Spud cnuts had in their final .
  • Options
    Allegedly one or more Chelsea player told our players that they’d trained on it on the Friday. Chelsea’s defence to our complaint was that it was the same for both teams. When it came to the investigation they denied they had trained on it. 
  • Options
    Just about remember going that day. Didn’t the away end use to be directly behind the home dug outs in the main stand. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    And Dave Lockwood played the Green Green Grass of Home as the team came out at our next home game.  Raised a few smiles. 
    I made the request.
  • Options
    Allegedly one or more Chelsea player told our players that they’d trained on it on the Friday. Chelsea’s defence to our complaint was that it was the same for both teams. When it came to the investigation they denied they had trained on it. 
    I had heard the same.
  • Options
    Was in the home end for this one, which made it even more grim of an occasion.
  • Options
    Apart from the beach pitch, they're a shit club with a high number of pricks who follow them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ almighty, what a diabolical fing liberty they took that day..........looking back on it, we really should have refused to play.
    In fact the ref should have declared it unfit.
    Once again we showed no backbone. 

I would have told them to fuck off & walked away. Diabolical & do you really think Chelsea would have played that stunt if it was Man U visiting that day. Of course not - they looked at their upcoming fixtures and new that they were "safe" with us.

• Options
    Chelsea properly took the piss that day.
    They never gave us any warning of what to expect. 
    Had they been playing man.utd for instance Ferguson would have told them to FUCK OFF and refused to play. 
    In hindsight we should have done exactly the same. 
    I posted before reading this. This 100%.
  • Options
    We were going well and about to overtake them in the league and then the big fix. The penalty was also the only penalty offence NEVER to have been shown on TV - all highlights etc only showed the taking of and not the cause of. It was a fix. They then handed another big brown enevelope to a certain promising CAFC midfielder to jump ship . . .
  • Options
    Shit show of a club - loath them - and that day just winded me up no end - wankers 
    Your mum put you over her shoulder and patted your back?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Was in the home end for this one, which made it even more grim of an occasion.
    Ditto. 
  • Options
    They and millwall are the two clubs in London I cannot stand.cant stand spurs and arsenal but no where near the same level as those two.

Palace in Surrey and Leeds are another two I hate.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    And Dave Lockwood played the Green Green Grass of Home as the team came out at our next home game.  Raised a few smiles. 
    I made the request.
    Cheeky.
  • Options
    More tacky than the sofa