Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Westhorne Avenue GP Surgery

Random question time......

Can anyone remember the name of the Doctor's Surgery at 515 Westhorne avenue in Eltham? It was on the corner of Legatt road and is currently a Vet.

Comments

• Options
    Dr Howard was my doctor there.
    think dr aacquah was also at practice before moving to other end of legatt in Shawbrooke rd.
    My mum mentions a dr Merry from years ago but not sure if it was at that surgery.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Just phoned some friends of mine who live directly opposite and they are saying that as far as they know, it never actually had a name.....as most doctors surgeries didn’t back in the day.
    Your best bet would to be to find the name of a doctor who practiced from there.
  • Options
    think dr aacquah was also at practice before moving to other end of legatt in Shawbrooke rd.
    My mum mentions a dr Merry from years ago but not sure if it was at that surgery.
    Just phoned some friends of mine who live directly opposite and they are saying that as far as they know, it never actually had a name.....as most doctors surgeries didn’t back in the day.
    Your best bet would to be to find the name of a doctor who practiced from there.
    Thanks chaps......

Yeah - Dr Howard was my Dr too. As stated - we had also been told that that surgery moved to become the Shawbrooke Rd Surgery.

Much obliged!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Not sure it is the same surgery on Westhorne Ave but my doctor was Dr Niak (circa late 60-70s). He stands out because he was the only Indian person i had seen in my early childhood.  Was only thinking about that the other day.

Just checked Google Maps.  Not my surgery.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Thanks chaps......

Yeah - Dr Howard was my Dr too. As stated - we had also been told that that surgery moved to become the Shawbrooke Rd Surgery.

Much obliged!
    Dr acqaah retired about 5-6 years ago(maybe more) and the Shawbrooke surgery closed and is now a nursery.
  • Options
    It was Dr Acqaah. As others have said he moved to Shawbrooke Road and is now retired.
  • Options
    Thanks all. 

Basically I have not been registered to a GP for over 20 years. I need to get registered with one now to get my Covid jab. 

I had to provide my old GP details to new GP and had told them the surgery at 515 Westhorne (and also advised it closed years ago)….but was advised that they could not locate my old records unless I could provide the name of the surgery. They apparently can’t locate using the address for some reason?!?

I have now given them the details of the (also now closed) Shawbrooke surgery so hopefully they can locate me now. 

Let’s see….