Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U18s v Wigan Athletic | Play-Off Final | The Valley | Friday (21st) 6:15pm - kickoff delayed

600 Tickets will be available from Wednesday morning for anyone wanting to attend.

Otherwise the game will be held on YouTube

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60a3a9d449a89/charlton-u18s-set-for-play-off-final-on-friday-in-front-of-fans-at-the-valley

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Wonder why the ticket availability is so small compared to say the Play-Offs

Thought it would be based on the Ground size, not the competition - Unless the plan has always been to just open the West Stand and someone smarter than me will be able to confirm that 600 is 25% capacity of that stand which is in line with regulations.
  • Options
    Wonder why the ticket availability is so small compared to say the Play-Offs

Thought it would be based on the Ground size, not the competition
    Probably the highest percent we can have in the west Stand lower . 
  • Options
    Shame there's only 600 available but guess with the game only a few days away there's not enough time for the club to assess interest/demand,.
  • Options
    maybe if there's big demand they could also open the North Lower at short notice
  • Options
    Reckon this will sell out v quickly. 
    Possibly, but they're doing it in phases, so it depends how keen this year's season ticket holders and Valley Gold are I think:

50 tickets have been reserved for Valley Gold members who will be contacted on Tuesday and able to access on a first come, first served basis.

When tickets go on sale, they will be available in the below phases:

Wednesday, 9.30am: 2020/21 season ticket holders or Valley Gold members

Wednesday, 12.30pm: 400 loyalty points

Wednesday, 3.30pm: 250 loyalty points

Thursday, 9.30am: 100 loyalty points

Thursday, 12.30pm: members on the club's database

• Options
    6pm on a Friday probably isn't that ideal for many.
  • Options
    Someone please explain why we're limited to 600 in a 27k stadium because of covid restrictions but Spurs are allowed 10k tomorrow night in a 60k stadium.
  • Options
    Someone please explain why we're limited to 600 in a 27k stadium because of covid restrictions but Spurs are allowed 10k tomorrow night in a 60k stadium.
    I expect its because we will only be opening one Stand.......or even only part of one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks, Henry.

Would be great to have 7K on the night.
  • Options
    The 50 free V.G tickets went like hot cakes, not surprising I guess.

The e-mail arrived at 3.26pm I sent off my application at 4.06pm.
    Received notice I had been unsuccessful around 5.40pm.

Interesting how quick they went.
  • Options
    In response to my question above

To house 7k we have to open every stand in the ground, inc quadrants.

We then have to put a full traffic management scheme in place which costs a few thousand pounds. Under covid our staffing numbers have to increase by over 20% for queuing systems, toilet stewards etc which we wouldn't normally have to do.

Don't think we'd sell 7k for an under 18 game even at £10 and £5 a ticket. Also such short notice to get clearance and staff ready in three days.

If there is demand we may try to open another area. Problem is game was unscheduled and some staff taken time off.
  • Options
    I reckon they could easily get 2,000/3,000 wanting to go, just because they haven't been to The Valley for some time.

• Options
    The 50 free V.G tickets went like hot cakes, not surprising I guess.

The e-mail arrived at 3.26pm I sent off my application at 4.06pm.
    Received notice I had been unsuccessful around 5.40pm.

Interesting how quick they went.
    I sent my email at 15.39 and got a reply at 17.18. 2 Tickets which the club will email to me in due course.🙂
  • Options
    It would be great to get some additional supporters in the North Lower to cheer on the lads
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Back to that old/new conundrum....is it on Valley Pass?  :# * have just re-read the original post *
  • Options
    Got my two
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    415 tickets still available
  • Options
    Can't be missing out on football at The Valley on my free evening! See you all there 
  • Options
    Anyone know if it’s sold out yet?
  • Options
    Anyone know if it’s sold out yet?
    At least 215 tickets available.
  • Options
    Got mine at 3.30
  • Options
    Come on , guys ! 

Let's sell this one out & make some noise for the young guns ! 
  • Options
    Still plenty of tickets remaining.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Worth noting they'll only be on sale until 5pm today
  • Options
    clive said:
    Really surprised at this.

I assume the 6pm kick off is putting a few people off.