Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Series NOT Season + Other TV Moans

Most terrestrial UK sitcoms are six episodes long, that's a series not a season.

Let's keep it that way please.

Actually, while we are on the subject of TV shows. I wish Netflix and Prime would release new episodes weekly rather than release a whole series at a time. This format give us something to look forward to, talk about and generally avoids spoilers.

Comments

• Options
    T'is a season to be cheerful....
  • Options
    You're too old school. It seems everyone wants to binge watch a whole series on one go and not wait for weekly episodes.

I'm in your camp & have never watched box set EVER. I can just about do the dramas that go over 4 or 5 consecutive nights (like Innocent that is currently on ITV) but much rather watch a series that is shown once a week, on the same night at the same time. 
  • Options
    You're too old school. It seems everyone wants to binge watch a whole series on one go and not wait for weekly episodes.

I'm in your camp & have never watched box set EVER. I can just about do the dramas that go over 4 or 5 consecutive nights (like Innocent that is currently on ITV) but much rather watch a series that is shown once a week, on the same night at the same time. 

Yes, and while we are at it, what happened to the disappearing dot on the TV? - and they never now remind you to turn the TV off at the mains.

Oh, and the test card?

• Options
    Line of Duty, it gave us something to talk about and look forward to. Imagine, if you had binged watched the entire last series? You'd probably never watch it again!

Disney are also doing it with their releases, it's so much more fun. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw a whole sale change back to this method.
    I don't watch a lot of TV, maybe five programmes. 
  • Options
    Can you stop calling online only shows box sets whilst were at it
  • Options
    Times have changed

people,especially the younger lot don’t want to commit to watching something weekly over two months. 

They prefer the on demand style which gives more freedom. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Why?
  • Options
    Surely, no matter how long, it was always a Series in the UK?

And that the Seasons word drifted over from America quite a while ago?

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Times have changed

people,especially the younger lot don’t want to commit to watching something weekly over two months. 

They prefer the on demand style which gives more freedom. 
    I prefer it too and I’m definitely no longer young  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    JiMMy 85 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Why?
    Because it's always been called a series the the UK, why do we need to change it to suit the American market?

Do you use the words trash can or dust bin? Sweets or candy? Fanny pack or bum bag?

If it's not broken, then it doesn't need fixing.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Why?
    Because it's always been called a series the the UK, why do we need to change it to suit the American market?

Do you use the words trash can or dust bin? Sweets or candy? Fanny pack or bum bag?

I really, really don't get this. Why do you care? Just call it a series yourself FFS! 🤣
  • Options
    I can't wait for the Football series to begin again in August....
  • Options
    These ultra slow motion shots of sports persons or actors showing incredible performances do my nut in, especially when shouting at the camera, I'm very cynical but it's never as good as they think it is. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Yes, and while we are at it, what happened to the disappearing dot on the TV? - and they never now remind you to turn the TV off at the mains.

Oh, and the test card?

The Angel fish in a tank interlude images and “Carry on London.”
  • Options
    The tone of this post reminds me of a person who asked for Netflix recommendations last year and went postal about any shows recommended that were not technically accessible on Netflix.

There was a strict code and it was broken. I feel that code has been broken here too and stimulating the same set of emotional feelings. Hang in there with what's not broken, as it won't be easy to re-fix.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Why?

I really, really don't get this. Why do you care? Just call it a series yourself FFS! 🤣
    It's a conversation. You should see all the diabolical nonsense they write on the Lycra Warriors thread. That's the CL cesspit.