Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Copa America 2021

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    On the whistle, Messi fell to his knees and immediately the entire team ran over and jumped on him. Imagine the sheer relief..
  • Options
    Neymar in tears.
  • Options
    Neymar in tears.
    Absolute bottle job, never gets it done when it counts
  • Options
    Neymar in tears.
    Again, bizarre. He was fine a minute ago. What suddenly brought that on? A very odd guy.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Frustrating to watch. As @lordromford said, talented players showing moments of brilliance surrounded by some very poor football. I thought the referee was terrible. Let way too much go and then giving free kicks for much lesser contact. 

Despite all their falling down, and in fairness they did get kicked around, Neymar, Messi and Richlarson were the quality players out there. 
  • Options
    Delighted for Messi.

Finally lays to rest the 'never does it on the international stage' comments. An international trophy, top scorer and player of the tournament.

On track for another ballon d'or.
  • Options
    Delighted for Messi.

Finally lays to rest the 'never does it on the international stage' comments. An international trophy, top scorer and player of the tournament.

On track for another ballon d'or.
    Messi still showing he’s got what it takes but I’m a little bit dubious of the Copa America, as its pretty poor and held every two years. He’s never scored in the knock out stage of a WC which I think he would be really disappointed in. Argentina have had a poor side for while now though tbf to him. He’s done more than enough at club level to show he’s one, it not the, best player ever.
  • Options
    Delighted for Messi as an individual... Just a shame he's Argentinian
  • Options
    Neymar in tears.
    Again, bizarre. He was fine a minute ago. What suddenly brought that on? A very odd guy.
    Think he realised the attention wasn’t going to be on him unless he amped up the melodrama so all of a sudden he’s on his knees talking to God whilst sobbing uncontrollably. I think Neymar must be the most overrated supposedly world class player ever.

Really happy for Argentina and Messi, let’s hope another country can lay to rest some ghosts this evening!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     I managed  not to take any notice for this. I care even less about the histrionics of South American football.

Do they kick the ball more often these days. As for Argentina,  Maradona was a cheat and I haven't even forgiven the Argentina team of 1966 who behaved like animals, paid the price with Rsttan being sent off and the labelled England as cheats.  

However the 1970 Brazil side was absolutely the best I have seen.
    I was actually surprised that Argentina didn’t time waste more. They were winning from the 20th min and, as the game got towards the end there were players going down left right and centre but no more than you’ll see tonight in the Euro final. 

Neymar’s diving was atrocious though: 
  • Options
    Surprised that Argentina had gone so long without a major trophy. 
  • Options
    the ref lost it in the last 20 minutes or so. quite a few bookings. Though i'm surprised there wasn't any real nasty challenges. 

Not the most impressive displays from those two teams but Argentina manage to get the goal and get the job done. Brazil looked average. Each time they got the ball in the box they seem to freeze. 
  • Options
    the ref lost it in the last 20 minutes or so. quite a few bookings. Though i'm surprised there wasn't any real nasty challenges. 

Not the most impressive displays from those two teams but Argentina manage to get the goal and get the job done. Brazil looked average. Each time they got the ball in the box they seem to freeze. 
    Nothing about those two teams that made me think it won't be European teams in the World Cup final again next year.