Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How far away from top two

Comments

• How long is a piece of string  ?
  • 13 points. We actually did very well to not lose many games during 20/21 but too many drawn games cost us.

Sunderland fewest defeats with 9, joint second with 11: Hull & Peterborough, joint fourth with 12: Blackpool & Charlton.

We only won 20 games across a season of 46. Ideally for top two we need to win a minimum of 25 games.
  • Until we know the re-vamped squad who knows. With the current one I cannot see us getting anywhere near the top two much like this season. The new signings will be key. 
  • No distance as we'll be top two next season.

NARAWA
  • Next season?.
    Miles from second. Level on points, goal difference and goals scored with first. 
  • Next season?.
    ask again when the summer transfer window shuts
  • If it happens to be Sunderland & Plymouth then it's quite a bit 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Depends. If we are top then no distance...if we are 3rd then 1 place. 4th = 2 places. That should make it easier to work out. 
  • edited May 2021
    How long is a piece of string  ?
    It depends on how long the piece of String is. 
  • Apart from Hull & P’boro this league had some poor teams (we were right in that bracket as well).  I’m not sure if the quality of the league will remain more or less the same, but we need a fair few faces in if we are going to be challenging top 2 next season 
  • cabbles said:
    Apart from Hull & P’boro this league had some poor teams (we were right in that bracket as well).  I’m not sure if the quality of the league will remain more or less the same, but we need a fair few faces in if we are going to be challenging top 2 next season 

Top 2 needs to be the aim but realistically top 6 and I'd still be happy.

For once I'm looking forward to a transfer window. Can't remember the last time I enjoyed one. Been so long worrying about losing our decent players and just praying we can bring in enough bodies to field a team.
  • Good answers.
  • I will also add, after watching the Fulham match this evening, TS had better realise that it will take a shit load of money to get into the Premiership......ans then a shit load more to stay there.

Lookman
    Cordova-Reid
    Mitrovic
    Loftus-Cheek
    Maja

And that's just some of the players that couldn't keep Fulham up with 3 games to go.

Ok, most of those might have been on loan, but their wages arent cheap. 

It will take at least 2 summer rebuilds to get anywhere near top 6 of the Championship. Will be interesting to see who we sign this summer. 

• I will also add, after watching the Fulham match this evening, TS had better realise that it will take a shit load of money to get into the Premiership......ans then a shit load more to stay there.

Lookman
    Cordova-Reid
    Mitrovic
    Loftus-Cheek
    Maja

And that's just some of the players that couldn't keep Fulham up with 3 games to go.

It will take at least 2 summer rebuilds to get anywhere near top 6 of the Championship. Will be interesting to see who we sign this summer. 

If we ever got that high again, Burnley are the club to model ourselves on.  A lot of clubs in the lower half of the prem are living well beyond their means.  Bournemouth were another.  15,000 max stadium, kept spending £25m on Liverpool youth rejects every season.  Football needs a reset 

Lookman
    Cordova-Reid
    Mitrovic
    Loftus-Cheek
    Maja

Barnsley!

I suspect that L1 will be a lot harder than this season. Three good teams coming down, plus the transfer cap lifted.
    Ipswich, Pompey and Sunderland will all be in the mix.

We missed a really good opportunity to go up this season.
  • Top 2 - maybe
    Top 6 - good chance
    Below Top 6 - maybe
  • I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that we will finish in the top 2 next season.
    We have stability in ownership.
    A knowledgeable manager and good backroom staff.
    We do need to invest in players but I'm sure a plan is already in place.