Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans in football grounds 21/22 Season

I assume the Government will be dictating how many supporters will be allowed into grounds next season.

I think it will be organised initially at around 10% of capacities.  I'll be amazed if capacity crowds will be allowed in football grounds come May '22.

Comments

• Options
    I assume the Government will be dictating how many supporters will be allowed into grounds next season.

I think it will be organised initially at around 10% of capacities.  I'll be amazed if capacity crowds will be allowed in football grounds come May '22.

My main concern is you making an appearance.
  • Options
    Agree with most posters.....can't see why it wont be as close to normal by August. They might limit it to 50% of capacity so that there is a seat between everyone  but that's only if there is a 3rd wave which I cant see. Masks might have to be worn but even by the time schools go back that could be gone as well. 
  • Options
    john3 said:
    If they can authorise 5000 youngsters to have a rave at a venue in Liverpool where they're packed in like sardines,jumping about,dancing,sweating ,drinking and singing can't see why they can't open up the stadiums to full capacity.
    I presume you realise that is an experiment/trial to see the Covid spread/non spread?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Arsenal are to be allowed 10,000 fans for their last home game of the season, in a capacity of 60,000
    I still think the entry of fans will be a gradual process.
  • Options
    MrLargo said: i
    Arsenal are to be allowed 10,000 fans for their last home game of the season, in a capacity of 60,000
     At least 22,500 for Euros group games at Wembley, rising to at least 45,000 for the later stages. There's currently no reason not to expect a return to normal for start of next season.
    The only difference is that it is one match per day in the UK during the Euros. Back in normal times don’t we usually have 600k in attendance across football stadiums across England on a Saturday. 

Expecting away supporters to be banned next season IMO. 

• Options
    edited May 2021
    No restrictions means just that, if I can go to a festival with 20000 people in July and get off my face.. surely I can go watch football in August. How long that lasts for, is another question all together. By November I'd expect that to be slashed again when cases pick up again.
  • Options
    Currently just over 50% of the population have had a vaccination.  About 25% have had both jabs.  By August that will be nearly 100% of the adult population having 1 and about 75% of them having the second.

That's a massive difference.  As the road map stands, and there is no evidence to suggest its going to change, all social distancing laws and guidelines will be abolished by the end of June. 
  • Options
    I’d be surprised if at least season ticket holders aren’t allowed into the ground for the first home match it next season 
  • Options
    if supposedly all restrictions are still planning on ending on the 21st June (and if that does actually happen), then stadiums will be full come August....whether that remains in place when the winter months hit is another thing.

Also what if clubs sell x amount of season tickets and then mid season (winter), restrictions on numbers come back in.....who misses out
  • Options
    Even without Covid I suspect the public may not accept 20,000 "ordinary" deaths from flu over XMAS next year.

Lockdowns and restrictions may be a winter hazard for a few years to come - we'll just have to get used to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even without Covid I suspect the public may not accept 20,000 "ordinary" deaths from flu over XMAS next year.

Lockdowns and restrictions may be a winter hazard for a few years to come - we'll just have to get used to it.
    Of course the public will accept it, we have accepted there are contagious illnesses all throughout our lives and throughout history. No sense to lockdown for the flu
  • Options

I think we have to get used to it and live with it - but we cannot have anymore lockdowns etc, the economy can’t take it - provided vaccines continue to provide good protection against severe disease and hospitalisation, then I will take my chances

I believe that the COVID vaccines actually provide better protection than flu vaccines, so we may find that flu continues to be the deadlier winter bug....
    With the advancement in vacation technology, that Covid has driven, I do wonder if we will see a much improved flu vacation and wider implementation in future years.

I do agree that the annual deaths from flu, not to mention the hospital admissions, we come under more public scrutiny. 
  • Options
    With the vaccination rate at or near 500,000 per day and the free availability of lateral flow testing, I can't see any reason why stadiums shouldn't be full by August, unless there is a new variant that isn't impeded by the current vaccines. My only concern is that the DIY tests aren't that accurate and that they are dependent people's honesty. Sadly, there will be a small proportion of blockheads who would rather falsely report a negative result than miss a match, but that's life. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    shine166 said:
    No restrictions means just that, if I can go to a festival with 20000 people in July and get off my face.. surely I can go watch football in August. How long that lasts for, is another question all together. By November I'd expect that to be slashed again when cases pick up again.
    Cases should be irrelevant as long as the vaccine works and hospitalisation and deaths do not spiral. We are not going to achieve zero covid. 
    Yeah thats what I meant, just posted in a rush. 
  • Options
    Home fans will be in  the stadiums, as per normal in August. I can see no reason why there would be any restrictions then, considering that cases dwindled last summer despite there being no vaccination programme.

The 2 big unknowns are

1) Will away fans be admitted
    2) What would happen if a new variant started causing problems in autumn/winter

• Options
    Football isn't the only mass spectator event, all summer there will be other events where fans will be allowed in. If 25-30000 can watch cricket at Lord's or The Oval with no subsequent issues, then there's zero reason for football capacities to be restricted in August.
  • Options
    if supposedly all restrictions are still planning on ending on the 21st June (and if that does actually happen), then stadiums will be full come August....whether that remains in place when the winter months hit is another thing.

Also what if clubs sell x amount of season tickets and then mid season (winter), restrictions on numbers come back in.....who misses out
    Who misses out will be exactly the same as the season just ended, a ballot will decide.
  • Options
    Football isn't the only mass spectator event, all summer there will be other events where fans will be allowed in. If 25-30000 can watch cricket at Lord's or The Oval with no subsequent issues, then there's zero reason for football capacities to be restricted in August.
    Especially with the rumour that hugging will be allowed from next Monday. 

Can't wait to celebrate a 93rd minute winner by hugging random strangers!
  • Options

Not lockdowns, but I reckon we'll see much higher take-up of the flu jab, like last winter when it was tough to get one because suddenly everyone wanted one. Next winter they should have more supplies and they should be able to cater for more demand. If more people get the jab, future flu seasons will kill fewer people just through that.