Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• @VFR4life it definitely is VFR for life at the moment.
  • VFR4life said:
    As said i have a very credible source

The most ITK to ever ITK
  • sam3110 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    sam3110 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Lee only has one year left on his contract, so a similar situation to Shinnie
    Hope it doesn't end the same way.

Still think it's criminal the way we let him go.
    Can’t wrap my head around this? What did he show in his time here to make you think this? 
    Wasn't it something like 7 of Stockleys 8 goals last season assisted my Shinnie? 

Yeah, he made no contribution whatsoever...
    Hahahaha you’ve just plucked that out of thin air. It was 1 according to wiki. 
    4 assists in 5 games, all to Stockley
    Burton (H)
    Fleetwood (A)
    Gillingham (H)
    Portsmouth (H)
    I remember (I think ) 1 at Wimbledon .

That was Millar
  • I have no idea about Elliot Lee's ability.  Obviously surplus at Luton.  Let us hope he adds something to the midfield.  It needs it. 

What about a LB. Wonder if that means Dempsey and Lowery are not on the radar now.
    If so , pity,  as I think we should  be signing permanent, not loans.
    I very much doubt it. Lee is going to be in Morgan's role, either of those two would be coming in for Clare/Dobson further back.
  • edited August 2021
    So ideally we need:

Essential - LB, CM, CAM, GK

Would be nice - RW, CB
    I'd hope / imagine that Lee has been brought in to cover that role
  • VFR4life said:

Great news, Any other news you can share that is in the pipeline.
  • So ideally we need:

Essential - LB, CM, CAM, GK

Would be nice - RW, CB
    I'd hope / imagine that Lee has been brought in to cover that role
    I'll be honest I know nothing about Lee, assumed he was a striker
  • The Twitter build up to a signing makes me feel like we're a non league pub team proper excited to make a signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good signing, depressing that two seasons in a row we’re getting players in on Loan from Luton, sums up where we are as a club, here’s to hoping we won’t need one next season! 
  • Mea culpa VFR4life.  Now kindly tell us a LB is signing tomorrow
  • VFR4life said:

The most ITK to ever ITK
    You might want to change your name Elliot. Players aren’t supposed to go on forums. 
  • Quite a few folk don't seem to realise how VFR4life's credible source works.

Source sees/hears real news down the training ground. He passes it to his mate. 
    VFR4life posts on here. Gets dismissed or warmly received. Then asked to give more.

• edited August 2021
    Good signing, depressing that two seasons in a row we’re getting players in on Loan from Luton, sums up where we are as a club, here’s to hoping we won’t need one next season! 

Not as depressing as selling them,  in the space of a year, two of the best youngsters we've ever had come through our youth system - namely Paul Elliott and Paul Walsh. There again, we did sign our best goal poacher of all time from them!
  • I genuinely don’t know, should I be happy with this signing?. Nobody has ever even mentioned him as a good if we got him. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Championship Loan incoming.

Nice one
  • paulfox said:
    I genuinely don’t know, should I be happy with this signing?. Nobody has ever even mentioned him as a good if we got him. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Was mentioned on the players to sign if we stay in league 1 thread back in May.  I poo pooed it 😳
  • Chunky chap - have no idea if good but badly needed position - wish him all the best 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    I genuinely don’t know, should I be happy with this signing?. Nobody has ever even mentioned him as a good if we got him. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Was mentioned on the players to sign if we stay in league 1 thread back in May.  I poo pooed it 😳
    Oh ok, didn’t read that one!!😂, doesn’t feel like a 1st target type of signing. More of a, he’ll do we’ve missed out on our targets?.
  • Can’t believe a nobody has posted a picture of Lee’s car parked up at the ground. 

Can’t remember seeing those trees at The Valley?
  • LB
    STK
    DM
    RCB
    GK

In this order, can’t see it though I fancy only two more, three absolute max.  
  • Can’t believe a nobody has posted a picture of Lee’s car parked up at the ground. 

Can’t remember seeing those trees at The Valley?
    They are on trial, LB, CB, RB, adaptable across the whole of the back line.
  • paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Oh ok, didn’t read that one!!😂, doesn’t feel like a 1st target type of signing. More of a, he’ll do we’ve missed out on our targets?.
    Not really. More of a player that was not likely to be let go until they knew they had cover.
  • JamesSeed said:
    VFR4life said:

The most ITK to ever ITK
    You might want to change your name Elliot. Players aren’t supposed to go on forums. 
    That's Lee? I always assumed they were our pal Paul who couldn't quite move on from the club...
  • LB
    STK
    DM
    RCB
    GK

Don’t need and won’t get a DM 
  • LB
    STK
    DM
    RCB
    GK

Yeah same, I reckon we'll get a full-back and a centre-back as that's the only positions we're short in terms of quantity. In terms of quality, I'd also sign a DM (not going to happen whilst we have both Dobson and Watson) and a striker. Could only see us sign a striker if Schwartz or Davison go. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!