Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    I wouldn't be surprised if JP had been offered a contract on reduced money, based on his age, perfomances and the fact he's likely going to be a backup next season. 
  • Options
     Surely Gillingham will sell to whoever pays the highest price?
    League standing is irrelevant to them.
    I guess the assumption is that the higher the level of league standing, then the more money they can get for him.
  • Options
    WIOTOS... eh Henry, until then just another red herring!!
    Err, that's was what I was saying.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

JP Insta…. Rumoured to have been at The Valley today and then posts this.

Certainly feels like a dig at somebody, maybe a broken promise on the contract.

I have to say I’m amazed he’s not signed yet if he’s going to. 
    Think you're reading far too much into this just as happened when Chuks posted a clock.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    For a player of his potential £500k is absolutely nothing. If we want to operate in the same way Brentford do, you have to be prepared to take these gambles. 
    Two things about that… Brentford plays moneyball. CAFC fans seem to hate that concept. Second, Brentford eliminated its academy and spent all that money on transfers and wages. Is this what we want? Cuz that’s what we would need to do to replicate them.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/05/brentford-ditched-their-academy-premier-league-outcasts
    I don't think anyone is suggesting we copy them in every single way. I think the general point is that if we want to both go into the Champ and then try and push for the Prem, buying players for 500k who are going to rise in value is what you need to do. It sounds obvious but you got to pick the right players, we can't afford to sign 10 of them and hope 4/5 come off. 
    If you sign ten and four or five get sold for ten times what you paid (the multiple someone mentioned earlier), assuming you paid roughly the same for each, you're quids in.  Even if four get sold for three times what you paid you're probably breaking even on that ten and you've had the use of good players.
    On the basis we won't be signing 10 this window, let's say we signed 5.  If 2 of them were really good and the other 3 struggled with the demands of 1st team league 1 football.  We could sell one for say 5 million quid, "jog one on" and keep the other 3 and repeat the process.

Sounds good in theory but if we are effectively 3 players short we will probably either still be in league 1 or needing the lottery of the play offs.  The profit from the sale would be swallowed up by the lose we make in league 1.

Peterborough have been very good at buying cheap, selling high and it took them 8 years to get promoted.  They have far lower fixed costs and expectations.

Get promoted and not only are you far more attractive to players you can afford to take 1 or 2 more risks.

For us now it's a bit of a pipe dream that's easy to advocate if it's not your money or your head on the block.

Maybe 1 or 2 but I can't see any more than that.  I do how ever expect a few Pope, Smith, Aribo types who are for tomorrow, not this seasons squad. 
    I wasn't advocating it as something we should do, just pointing out that "we can't afford to sign 10 of them and hope 4/5 come off" doesn't necessarily make sense.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Jorge Grant looking to leave Lincoln for the championship ….. another one of our targets thinking the championship is the place to be 

lot of players going to be sitting on the bench or not even playing next season instead of playing week in week out at a top league one side ???? 
    Who said he is/was a target?

Not could/should/would be, that actually he was. 
    I think it meant 'our' as in the rumours thread, not 'our' as in CAFC.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

Think you're reading far too much into this just as happened when Chuks posted a clock.
    It’s ok you can say something negative or challenging about the club or players … they’ll still love you.

Neither of them have signed so we can’t say either way can we really. It’s all just conjecture like the previous 180 pages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    With the greatest of respect, when they post nonsense like this, it’s what I’d expect of teenage girls.  It may be completely unrelated to anything going on re: his contract, but if it is, it’s very schoolgirl.  

It’s not specifically aimed at Pearce, more of general comment about how some footballers can act these days, but I do think a portion of them use social media like school girls who have fallen out over a boy they like.  
    It could be completely unrelated but I think players use social media as another way of hinting about a situation or getting things like this out there - without outright attacking the club.

I’m guessing he’s been offered reduced terms or something agreed has been reneged on or not offered.

for a man so we’ll settled in the area I’m surprised he’s not already signed up.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    I don’t have the time to plough through this thread for the occasional bit of real rumour. Please, please @aliwibble, can you do a bite size?? 

The bitesize would just be a blank page at this moment in time so I wouldn't worry.
    How about a bite size Tittle Tattle?
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

Chuks posted a clock, was it a wind up?
    Only time will tell 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    shine166 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Only time will tell 
    Careful, we have just got rid of fish puns, don't let's start clock puns please... :/
  • Options
    Pearce’s post must be about Sandgaard. Time to set up CATS - Coalition Against Thomas Sandgaard.

Or maybe it could be completely unrelated. We’ll find out soon enough.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    With the greatest of respect, when they post nonsense like this, it’s what I’d expect of teenage girls.  It may be completely unrelated to anything going on re: his contract, but if it is, it’s very schoolgirl.  

It’s not specifically aimed at Pearce, more of general comment about how some footballers can act these days, but I do think a portion of them use social media like school girls who have fallen out over a boy they like.  

bit sexist
  • Options
    edited June 2021

It’s ok you can say something negative or challenging about the club or players … they’ll still love you.

Neither of them have signed so we can’t say either way can we really. It’s all just conjecture like the previous 180 pages.
    Now you're being silly.

I think I have enough of a track record of saying negative things about the club, and doing something about it, to laugh off your comment.

I don't seek or want the players to love me which is one reason I don't follow them on Instagram or over inflate their trivial social media posts. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Only time will tell 
    Careful, we have just got rid of fish puns, don't let's start clock puns please... :/
    That would really tick me off
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Only time will tell 
    They'd be a poor second to fish puns.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    cabbles said:

It could be completely unrelated but I think players use social media as another way of hinting about a situation or getting things like this out there - without outright attacking the club.

I’m guessing he’s been offered reduced terms or something agreed has been reneged on or not offered.

for a man so we’ll settled in the area I’m surprised he’s not already signed up.
    I agree.  It could be unrelated and then my point is irrelevant.  
  • Options
    cabbles said:

bit sexist
    What I know of Pearce as a fan is that he is a model pro who gives 100% so I don’t believe he would put something like this up in relation to a breakdown in contract talks or if the terms have changed.  However, he may be very frustrated and it’s his way of releasing.  Who knows.  I just think it’s a general trait of footballers these days to engage in these cryptic type posts.  It’s just unnecessary imo
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Only time will tell 
    It would certainly wind me up as well!
  • Options

Now you're being silly.

I think I have enough of a track record of saying negative things about the club, and doing something about it, to laugh off your comment.

I don't seek or want the players to love me which is one reason I don't follow them on Instagram or over inflate their trivial social media posts. 

Apologies I seem to have touched a nerve.

My point isn't silly it's simply that it's ok that not everybody thinks everything is perfect with the club all the time and sometimes some fans will disagree with the decisions or actions made and want to discuss that.

So you don't have to jump to their defense all the time, I've noticed whenever I or others do challenge TS or NA your straight in there to shut it down, like a good old company man would. I guess you have a vested interest.

I'm pretty sure you were the same with previous owners in their early days, luckily we don't have to worry about that now we're on the right path with Thomas.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Sage said:
    Not really a transfer rumour, but just thought I would say this sums it up perfectly, and she is still lingering around The Valley, just in the toilets instead.

Quick!! Pull the chain!!!
  • Options
    JP should sign a new deal.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

Now you're being silly.

Apologies I seem to have touched a nerve.

My point isn't silly it's simply that it's ok that not everybody thinks everything is perfect with the club all the time and sometimes some fans will disagree with the decisions or actions made and want to discuss that.

So you don't have to jump to their defense all the time, I've noticed whenever I or others do challenge TS or NA your straight in there to shut it down, like a good old company man would. I guess you have a vested interest.

I'm pretty sure you were the same with previous owners in their early days, luckily we don't have to worry about that now we're on the right path with Thomas.
    Oh, dear,  you really are making yourself look silly now.

Yes, I was so supportive of other owners, Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
  • Options
    It could be a bit of a dig at a fellow team mate or two who committed verbally to the club, but has since reneged?

If that’s the casio, everybody needs to rolex, all it means is that NA and SG will need to chopard-er than they planned to.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!