Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

da bore a chroesawa bacia ollie.

or to translate
good morning and welcome back ollie.

how green was your valley?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]how green was your valley?

That's a little personal isn't it?
  • Options
    Da iawn.

"Bore da" is the usual good morning I thought, is "da bore" also used?

Ollie, yn gyffredinol sut fyddech chi’n dosbarthu’r gofal a gawsoch chi?
  • Options
    Morning chaps and chapettes!

Lots to catch up on here, there is like 5 pages of posts and i am going to have to wade through all of it. A very nice weekend it was, only trouble was that i was ill for most of it, so that fuckedit right up! So glad to be back at work now, yeah right!

So did ya'aall misss me!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]how green was your valley?

That's a little personal isn't it?

lol,
    *hopes ollie understands what i meant. then remembers it's ollie*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Ollie, yn gyffredinol sut fyddech chi’n dosbarthu’r gofal a gawsoch chi?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Da iawn.

"Bore da" is the usual good morning I thought, is "da bore" also used?

even though i've relatives in wales, my attempts to fool lifers into thinking i knew the basics of welsh lasts all of 8 minutes.
    which translator did you use? ;-)
  • Options
    Mate they were slaughtering you on here after your 'Performance' at Welling ...! :-)
  • Options
    Ydych chi'n hoffi coffi?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]which translator did you use? ;-)
    I don't think there is one for Welsh?
  • Options
    So Ollie...What we all want to know us whether any of the locals got a bit confused and tried to shag you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was visiting mates who are from charlton, and a couple of mates who are from southend, so we were in the majority and the only welshie was my mates bird, who was totally out numbered. So didnt really see any welsh locals! Not many shheeepps in mumbles i tell thee!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Mate they were slaughtering you on here after your 'Performance' at Welling ...! :-)

who was, ?? i was drunk, what did i doo?
  • Options
    I used to live in Merthyr Tydfil....i thought about learning welsh whilst i was there...but gave up never got past 'good morning/evening" and "what is your name"!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]I was visiting mates who are from charlton, and a couple of mates who are from southend, so we were in the majority and the only welshie was my mates bird, who was totally out numbered. So didnt really see any welsh locals! Not many shheeepps in mumbles i tell thee!
    and i bet thats where someone on here saw the bloke in the black Charlton shirt...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Mate they were slaughtering you on here after your 'Performance' at Welling ...! :-)

who was, ?? i was drunk, what did i doo?

A few of them were recounting MCS moments the following day on here mate. I gave it a wide steer cos I am your mate, unlike some of the p*** taking plastic mates on here ;-) Nothing to do with the fact that I wasn't there.
  • Options
    da bore a chroesawa bacia

More like "Bore da a croeso yn ol" - but I can't do the circumflex.

Salad - you appear more convincing - how so? (and what does gyffredinol mean?)
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I think Salad is Welsh.
  • Options
    yn gyffredinol - generally
    http://www.logosdictionary.com/pls/dictionary/new_dictionary.gdic.st?phrase_code=5755919

I am from Swansea, but I don't speak Welsh (the long sentence above was cut and pasted!)
  • Options
    what part of swansea dood, my mate bought a house in birchgrove, and also lived in mumbles
  • Options
    I see.

I grew up near Cardigan and I actually have an O level in Welsh. You can't imagine how useful it is.

Perhaps you can!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Killay - the Mumbles/Gower side of Swansea.

He didn't make you do the Mumbles Mile did he?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Killay - the Mumbles/Gower side of Swansea.

He didn't make you do the Mumbles Mile did he?!

nah mate, i was bloody ill all weekend, and didnt even really have a proper beer! Went to a nice pub on the mumbles called the george, but now its called salt or something, i was miserable tho as i am a right weed when it come to the ballrooms and tom dick!
  • Options
    captain haddock
    what does 'da bore a chroesawa bacia' mean then?

i typed into a translator ' good morning and welcome back', and that is what i got.
  • Options
    Hope the sea air helped you to recover.

Do you know where Mumbles gets its name from?
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]captain haddock
    what does 'da bore a chroesawa bacia' mean then?

i typed into a translator ' good morning and welcome back', and that is what i got.

My version (Bore da a croeso yn ol) was basically what your translator gave but spelled correctly and the words put in the correct order. The only word I would challenge in your version is "bacia" - presumably meaning "bacio" - which is to back in the sense of reversing a car.

Rgds

Cpt H