Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Whatever next, a non-phallic Charlton badge?
  • Literally no point at all if it's not going to be on the badge on the shirts
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the badge is meant to represent the three tame lions who post on here.
    Still trying to work out who is who.
  • I like it and can't wait to wear it and feel all warm and fuzzy as I'm launching bar stools and pint glasses at oppo fans during the Euros this summer.
    Whilst singing 'No Surrender' 
  • It’s a new digital branding exercise. You just need to read the press release to see that. 

Organizations do it all the time. 

Why are you getting offended by their new digital logo? 
  • is there a reason that the England badge has 10 roses? 
    And while we’re at it - why white and blue? The national flag is white and red. Most national team strips reflect the flag. 
  • It’s a new digital branding exercise. You just need to read the press release to see that. 

Nobody is getting offended at all. 
  • It is a non story. Only relevant if the badge on the shirt changes which it hasn't and isn't going to. Charlton use and have used variations of its badge. 
    And while we’re at it - why white and blue? The national flag is white and red. Most national team strips reflect the flag. 

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-the-England-football-team-play-in-white-shirts-socks-and-blue-shorts

yes there is Dave, it is because it isn't a badge made for the football team but an official royal emblem used by the team and they had to ask for permission to use it.

(googled it myself)
  • Sponsored links:

This 100%.

People love to pretend total non-events like this are somehow organisations bowing to the 'woke brigade' and making a political/cultural statement. 

We create enemies and movements that don't really exist. 
  • I like it.  Given its basically branding for the FA for the national teams at various male, female and junior levels, it's a really good design.
    Yes. Every rose has its thorn
  • Sometimes done because older logos etc aren't copyrighted properly and new ones can be, don't know if this was a consideration. Wonder if the design costs could have paid for a 4G pitch somewhere. 
  • edited May 2021
    Scoham said:
    Except that the 'traditional' crest as is has only existed since 1949. Prior to that there were no roses and the badge was topped by a crown.

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/teamunif/Emblem.html
  • edited May 2021
    is there a reason that the England badge has 10 roses? 
    Apart from
    The Netherlands. (Orange)
    And Italy. (Blue)
    And Australia. (Gold and Green)
    And New Zealand. (White)
    And Japan. (Blue)
    And Germany. (White)
    And Northern Ireland. (Green)
    And probably some others. 

But good point.
    😉

The South / North American nations are the only consistent ones that I can think of that DO play in colours that do represent their flags

This 100%.

People love to pretend total non-events like this are somehow organisations bowing to the 'woke brigade' and making a political/cultural statement. 

We create enemies and movements that don't really exist. 
    Why not just use the badge that is on the shirt instead if wasting money on creating a new logo?

By having two logo's could, and notice the word 'could' create a division in itself.

For true inclusion and no boundaries surely having one logo that represents everyone would send a clearer message.

Just my view.