Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I’ve got wind

2»

Comments

• With winds gusting at horrible speeds and that added to the fact it’s “bin day” I’ve already seen one attempt at the land speed record as it careered into a car. I’ll be keeping the dogs home today that’s for sure. 
  • yet another fing trellis has come down. sigh.

was reading that April was the coldest it has been in 60 years. They're forecasting hail tomorrow. 
  • My wife was complaining about it last night but I had to remind her that over the weekend we’d had an Indian, a kebab and a Chinese and so it wasn’t unexpected.
  • The weather seems to stick much more now, so you end up with long periods of drought or deluge

Thus 2 year's running we've had really wet winters and really dry springs. The ground was a quagmire in February/March, now it's bone dry and cracked like you'd expect in August
  • When I moved north I fully expected the weather to be generally worse than the south but so far I’ve not experienced that at all. Temperature wise it’s perhaps on average two degrees cooler most of the time but last summer was better than London based on my experience and family contacts and so far this spring it’s been generally lovely. Very dry and Sunny. I’ve managed to get all the gardening completed at least a month ahead of plan. Much needed rain yesterday. As an aside. As most of our weather comes west to east I think the area I live with is just east of the Pennines sits in a rain shadow where it’s generally dryer than surrounding areas. Can’t wait for summer proper.
    Just east of "the hills" makes a massive difference.   A mate lives just west, about a 40 minute drive away from me, and gets substantially more rain than me 
  • Ne'er cast a clout 'til May be out!
  • T_C_E said:
    With winds gusting at horrible speeds and that added to the fact it’s “bin day” I’ve already seen one attempt at the land speed record as it careered into a car. I’ll be keeping the dogs home today that’s for sure. 
    My 2 dogs took one look at the weather this morning, quickly ran out, did their business, and hurried back in - normally they want to spend 20 minutes sniffing around etc !!!
  • T_C_E said:
    With winds gusting at horrible speeds and that added to the fact it’s “bin day” I’ve already seen one attempt at the land speed record as it careered into a car. I’ll be keeping the dogs home today that’s for sure. 
    My 2 dogs took one look at the weather this morning, quickly ran out, did their business, and hurried back in - normally they want to spend 20 minutes sniffing around etc !!!
    We threw some chopped up carrot and beef heart into the garden to get them searching and using their noses, turned to put the kettle on and 3 of them were looking through the window at me!
  • Terrible weather here in Hinckley overnight, and it's continued through the day today. The weather and wind was horrendous early hours of this morning, so much so that a very old tree over the road from me was torn in half and crashed down on the road blocking it completely. At 2 am this morning we had police and highways agency staff, with chain saws and a tree mulcher machine, waking up everyone as they needed to clear the main road, (which is a busy route for supermarket HGV's). It went on for two bloody hours!!
    Lived here 16 years and that has never happened before, but luckily there were no vehicles driving past when it crashed across the road. Damage to the part of the tree still standing is extensive and I guess will be pulled down over the next few days as that part is leaning towards the houses! It's still blowing a gale now with squally showers, and I have to say the UK weather over last few months has been crap, it's either been dry but freezing or pissing down and windy!