Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

21-22 Season Budget Poll

2»

Comments

• Transfer budget? i.e. transfer and signing on fee budget - the risk capital, sunk cost of assembling the squad
    Or
    Wages budget? i.e. how much those lucky few are paid for their services?  This is constrained under the current rules to a %age (60?) of club revenue.  TS has acquired a club with piss poor commercial revenue and recently dismantled relationships with former commercial partners.
    We've seen a few jump straight back in and there's a new head honcho in post.  Improving on revenues from the last couple of years will be easy but the club's status and reputation left by the belgian muppet were at a pitiful level, to say nothing of the northern chancers' scumduggery.  Charlton's fan income will probably be top third in L1 next season but even the belgian muppet's mendacious halfwit (short-lived) chief executive understood that is but a fraction of the total.
    I fear the wages budget may effectively be capped barely mid-table until TS, WM et al have been able to rebuild CAFC's reputation.
    However EFL's attitude to punishing flagrant overspending, false accounting and brazen chicanery has been laughable.  It obviously shouldn't be condoned but if I were TS I'd ignore the wages-as-a-fraction-of-turnover limit, spend what I like and let the toothless crooked wankers at EFL sort it out later.  We could keep those saps tied up in court and appeal for years, while we get on with the business of being in business.