Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer of 92

Any one else seen this film on netflix. Based on the Denmark squad being put back into the euros of that year and going on to win it. Amazing how they pulled it off being put together just 10 days before it all kicked off. Worth a watch.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    tajaddick said:
    Any one else seen this film on netflix. Based on the Denmark squad being put back into the euros of that year and going on to win it. Amazing how they pulled it off being put together just 10 days before it all kicked off. Worth a watch.
    Will try and catch this. Went out there for England’s 3 group games and most of the merchandise still had the Yugoslavian flag on it. I’ll have to try and dig out the tickets but I think the one for our game against Denmark still had England v Yugoslavia on it.
  • Options
    Cheers I'll find and give this a watch
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Cheers for this, will definitely watch, I went to Malmo for the England Denmark and England France games, both 0-0 and saw Carlton Palmer in an England shirt. 

Four of us hired a car from Calais Docks and then drove there and back, we broke our journey in Hamburg and got a ferry from Kiel a real adventure and great memories.

The Danish fans were good fun and very friendly, I remember watching the Scotland v Germany game in a huge marquee in the mains square at Malmo and not knowing who I wanted to lose most. 

England were awful but the trip was fun.

• Options
    it’s not like they were a team of new signings, they probably benefited from the lack of a long training camp and came in nice and fresh. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    it’s not like they were a team of new signings, they probably benefited from the lack of a long training camp and came in nice and fresh. 
    ...and that they turned Jon Jensen into a goal machine against the Germans.

11 goals in 400 appearances but the big one in the final. 😂

• Options
    The manager (Richard Møller Nielsen) allowed the players to have dinner at McDonalds one night during the tournament.