Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Adkins

The jury is out for me on Adkins. Yes he seems like a decent positive bloke but Christ he does go on abit. He reminds me abit of Gobingson. Think there was a reason he was out of the game for so long. At the interview he sent them all off to sleep!! Really want him to do well but get to the point man!  COYR

Comments

• Options
    Not at all. I want him to turn out to be a Charlton legend but he just needs to get to the point like you just have.
  • Options
    It's a very nervous time for ol Nige and the rest of the CAFC staff, and not to mention the fans, a time when it's easy to get over excited and to blabber on .. so I'll hold judgement on his spiel until the end of the season
  • Options
    He talks sense, he talks positivity, but he doesn't talk for the sake of it, and it seems to be rubbing off on the players which is a good thing, so he will do for me, and with a fair wind and Thomas at the helm i can only see hope and enthusiasm regarding next season, whatever league we are in.
  • Options
    WTF. Yeah clearly that wasn’t  a serious comment...You got too much time on your hands looking at posts from years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who's Nigel Adkins?
  • Options
    Who's Nigel Adkins?
    Our new manager. He took over after Bowyer left.
  • Options
    !! He was the opposite, man of few words and not the most enthusiastic! Saying that top bloke and I was gutted when he left. Right time though.
    Clearly I want Nigel to be a top manager for us and need to give him a season at it with his own personal. Just goes on abit!!
  • Options
    Nige has got enough pressure to deal with without me heaping coals on his bonce.
  • Options
    Plenty enjoyed Personality Pardew and lapped him up as we whipped boring Curbishley’s West Ham 4-0 
    Curbs lost the battle but won the war .

of course his upbeat nature can grind if there’s not much to be upbeat about but we’re all different and he seems a good egg .
    No idea if it’ll work out for us but loyal Lee Bowyer was past his Charlton sell by date when he walked out on us so it is what it is .
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    The jury is out for me on Adkins. He bores the hell out of me when he speaks. He just goes on and on and repeats himself. He reminds me of Gobingson. Think there was a reason he was out of the game for so long. At the interview he sent them all off to sleep!! I hope I’m wrong as he seems a decent bloke but for Christ sake get to the point man! COYR
    Good one, Valleyofdreams.  This is one of your all-time best.  Although, of course, not quite as good as this one, on a Katrien Meire thread... 

I really miss her. She knew so much about football and the passion behind it including how much it meant to supporters. Life is just not the same without her.

He is right on life not being the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    !! He was the opposite, man of few words and not the most enthusiastic! Saying that top bloke and I was gutted when he left. Right time though.
    Clearly I want Nigel to be a top manager for us and need to give him a season at it with his own personal. Just goes on abit!!
    @Chizz has exposed you on your comments relating to squirrel face.
    Nevertheless, have a nice weekend.
  • Options
    I don’t care about his personality. All I want to know is - can he polish a turd and get this team up ? 
  • Options
    Oh the irony....
  • Options
    The minute I saw a thread solely dedicated to the manager I knew it was going to be negative. Get a grip ffs and give him TIME. We need STABILITY. (Important words are in caps)
  • Options
    Not at all. I want him to turn out to be a Charlton legend but he just needs to get to the point like you just have.
    *starts thread digging him out after just over a month in charge*
    Hmm..

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    I really don’t care if he recites the complete works of William Shakespeare, followed by War and Peace as an encore. It’s what happens on the pitch that matters.

Personally I don’t give a flying f*** if he recites the entire works of Shakespeare in his interviews as long as he eventually gets us out of the godawful cesspit that is League One.
    Excellent and consistent usage of 'the complete/entire works of Shakespeare' as the Official CL unit of verbosity.

We should standardise on such things.
  • Options
    If we can introduce Shakespeare into every thread and aspect of this community what an awesome thing that would be.