Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boris or Ken for Mayor who's it gonna be?

edited July 2007 in Not Sports Related
Now that Boris has thrown his hat into the ring,who would you vote for.

Comments

• Options
    Ken, and until Johnson proves he gives a monkeys about London, then he'll stand no chance.

Ken will win anyway, more second preference votes will go to him and London's biggest boroughs (population) traditionally vote Left of centre, and Johnson will rub a lot of people the wrong way
  • Options
    don't forget our very own Addick, Garry Bushell...

'I am delighted to say that I have been asked to run for London Mayor on behalf of the English Democrats. This is a serious matter. I have thought about it seriously and I will be campaigning extremely seriously to win. It’s a big task but it can be done.
    I’m a Londoner born and bred and I’m sick and tired of the way London and the people of London have been taken for granted by career politicians. I’m disgusted by the crime, grime, poverty and pollution that afflict our capital. And I’m infuriated by the way tax money paid by Londoners is used to subsidise Scotland’s welfare state while our own hospitals face ward closures and cuts.
    I’ll be fighting for all Londoners, regardless of race or creed, to restore pride in our great city. To help my campaign, register support or find out more, please go to http://garryformayor.co.uk/ The English Democrats believe in the creation of an English Parliament and in a Bill Of Rights to restore our civil liberties. The party can be found at http://www.englishdemocrats.org.uk/'
  • Options
    On the money then afka? well posted,should add some spice to the debate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]don't forget our very own Addick, Garry Bushell...
    I’ll be fighting for all Londoners, regardless of race or creed, to restore pride in our great city

of course he will
  • Options
    Ken will win although, I saw that there is legislation going through to restrict the London Mayor to two terms only but unlikely to be enacted before next May but may stop Ken being Mayor at the Olympics?

Is it a 4 year term if so he may have to stand down before 2012 opens.

He is no friend of Gordon.......
  • Options
    I used to know Garry a little when he was in the SWP and wrote for Sounds. Shit paper and shit party. Shame he went down hill from both.

It's a sad state of affairs that no one can find a decent candidate to fight Ken.
  • Options
    Ken Out

Shame we only have Boris to fight this IRA loving cingestion loving idiot
  • Options
    Us Londoners vote for the guy in spades though...so he is obviously connecting with some of us.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Ken Out

Shame we only have Boris to fight this IRA loving cingestion loving idiot[/quote]

+++++

What a twat you are to come out with that sort of garbage.
  • Options
    Ken gets my vote. Easy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i'm not allowed to vote :-(

Despite spending the majority of my life in the bloody city
  • Options
    "And I’m infuriated by the way tax money paid by Londoners is used to subsidise Scotland’s welfare state while our own hospitals face ward closures and cuts."

What has that got to do with the London mayoral elections??

"I’ll be fighting for all Londoners, regardless of race or creed,..."

Yeah right...
  • Options
    Ken OUT he's a Car Hating, Cyclist Loving Tosseur :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Ken OUT he's a Car Hating, Cyclist Loving Tosseur :-)

Here, here.

The other fella won't get a look in though as the left will give Livingstone massive support and no-one else will vote for a nutter like Johnson. And too few will support Bushell. So it's another few years of being violently raped for thinking of taking a vehicle in town. Which, due to it's 'success' will soon spread to every town in the country and we will all be paying another unstealthy tax to drive within a town.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Anyone but that hypocritical knob Ken.

I see were having another foreign cultural event ahead of another jolly up, this time to India.

Shame after we've had all these events celebrating the cultural diversity of London that he still hasn't put plans in place to celebrate the largest single race in our fine City....The English...Then again that wouldn't score any points with the left-wingers would it?
  • Options
    can't you think of another expression than voilently raped ? I can't think of a more terrible anology....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Ken OUT he's a Car Hating, Cyclist Loving Tosseur :-)

Here, here.

The other fella won't get a look in though as the left will give Livingstone massive support and no-one else will vote for a nutter like Johnson. And too few will support Bushell. So it's another few years of being violently raped for thinking of taking a vehicle in town. Which, due to it's 'success' will soon spread to every town in the country and we will all be paying another unstealthy tax to drive within a town.

Woe the car driver
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Woe the car driver
    you wait until its proven that all the cyclists when riding emit more CO2 out of their mouth than a 4x4....
  • Options
    Though i totally loathe the bloke, i'm a bit sick of all the Ken hating that goes on that seems based on little fact.

He regularly gets bashed for the promotion of of minority events, but as far as i see it, him and the London council simply endorces events that minority groups have gone out, planned and arranged. If there are no no events organised by 'white working class man', there is nothing to endorse or promote.

Some people appear sick that nothing is done 'for them', yet they appear to do nothing about making it happen. Just my view.
  • Options
    I see your point mate, but equally he doesnt really seem to push anything for the 'white working class man' or any class for that matter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Congestion is back to pre-CC levels - time to double the charge..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Congestion is back to pre-CC levels - time to double the charge..

Or change the traffic light phasing back again ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]I see your point mate, but equally he doesnt really seem to push anything for the 'white working class man'
    St Patrick's Day
  • Options
    there were organised events done for st. george's day.
  • Options
    Time for Cyclists to pay Road tax if you ask me £20 a Year is reasonable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]I see your point mate, but equally he doesnt really seem to push anything for the 'white working class man'
    St Patrick's Day

LOL!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

Here, here.

Woe the car driver

they're allright tho when you want a lift back from Bromley Addicks meetings tho eh
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Bit different using empty roads in the evenings compared to city centre roads during the day?

Cars have their place, but road space isn't a endless resource in a city, and sometimes you need to restrict use of that
  • Options
    ken. boo to cars, keep the red flag flying high, let's walk....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

Here, here.

Woe the car driver

they're allright tho when you want a lift back from Bromley Addicks meetings tho eh

Bit different using empty roads in the evenings compared to city centre roads during the day?

Cars have their place, but road space isn't a endless resource in a city, and sometimes you need to restrict use of that

I'm not disagreeing with you as something had to be done, but why then change the phasing on traffic lights to make it appear busier ahead of the C Charge coming in, and then change it back again to have the reverse affect?