Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Crewe Alexandra | Tuesday 27 April

edited April 2021 in General Charlton
Unfortunately due to the early kick-off @Oggy Red isn't going to be around in time to start the match thread, so he's volunteered me to do it. Is everyone confident we'll triumph in the CAFC Derby, or is our somewhat indifferent home form making you a bit twitchy?
Nigel Adkins reckons: “We’ve got to be on our game. The preparation will be right because we know we have got to give the opposition all the respect they deserve. But likewise we want to impose ourselves on them and do what we want to do.”
Team: Amos; Purrington, Pearce, Famewo, Matthews; Watson, Forster-Caskey, Gilbey; Millar, Maatsen, Stockley
Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Gunter, Aneke, Washington, Pratley, Morgan, Inniss

Comments

• Options
    What time does Valley TV start?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    What time does Valley TV start?
  • Options
    Team as Golfie predicted and am not surprised either 
  • Options
    Goes without saying, this is a big game tonight. Performance not important, three points are. 
  • Options
    Should be pleased to see consistency in formation and team selection. 

Must be a knock for Innis. I'd have Aneke or Washington starting but we've had a good run due to consistency so have to back it.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    mendonca said:

Must be a knock for Innis. I'd have Aneke or Washington starting but we've had a good run due to consistency so have to back it.
    I'd say Inniss is being saved for Accrington
  • Options
    Team as Golfie predicted and am not surprised either 
    Would like to see a striker who can score with their feet in the team, but assuming Adkins brings on Washington & Aneke sooner than he did Saturday then happy enough with that team. 
  • Options
    I would have liked to have seen Washington or Aneke start tonight 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:

I would have liked to see it as well but if he started Maatsen AND Washington it would have been a massive risk injury wise.  The squad unbalance isn't helping. 
  • Options
    Not shocked NA has kept the same formation and broadly the same team.

Part of me was perhaps hoping to see Washington start up top, I really want to see us oppose ourselves on a team at home especially in such a must win game.

That being said we dominated Plymouth and don't see why we can't against Crewe. 
  • Options
    I'm genuinely surprised that NA seems to rate Stockley over Chuks.
  • Options
    It’s like Nigel is the polar opposite of bowyer. Bowyer would have made seven changes and played Stockley At centre half just a for fun.  Nige just ploughs on and makes the minimum changes. Need a performance tonight. Can’t  help but think it’s another lump it to Stockley plan. Would have liked to see Washington in there up and around Stockley.  In Nige we trust. COYR 

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Stockley is fully fit, Aneke is coming back from injury. I imagine it’s as simple as that.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Or it could be the case that Chuks still isn't fit, or Adkins doesn't see Chuks as a player capable of playing up front on his own? 
  • Options
    I'd have liked Chuks to start.   Maybe Conor too.
  • Options
    I’m starting to get the feeling that Chuks won’t be here next season and Stockley will. Still, Chuks is always more effective coming off the bench so hopefully Stockley can batter them and then Chuks finish them off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anyone else having problems buying the stream? keeps coming up 404 page not found
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Shame that there is no Chuks or Washington in the starting line up, can only assume that Nige has faith in Stockley to produce, let's hope that they both get on for as much as possible, we need to win this game tonight, and need all the firepower available.
  • Options
    Not surprised with that team. I would have rotated one or two more to keep legs fresh, but I don't know the medical details
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I think it's a case of Stockley is always fitter than Chuks. 
    That makes him more reliable. 
  • Options
    Reckon Famewo for Inniss would have been the only change from Saturday but DJ forced his hand.

Aneke | Washington | Maatsen are all recently back from injury

Adkins doesnt seem to want to rush anyone coming back (his own opinion maybe or he's taking onboard what Danny Murphy is telling him), unfortunately he's been forced to play one of those today otherwise it would have been Shinnie or Morgan out of position
  • Options
    this is a vital game against a team of train drivers .. one we are gonna win .. come on you Addicksssaaaaaa
  • Options
    I would have liked Shinnie on the bench over Pratley, it appears that he doesn't seem to be in NA's plans?
  • Options
    anyone else having problems buying the stream? keeps coming up 404 page not found
    Went through first time for me.
  • Options
    Glad to see Maatsen is available to start. It was always going to be him or Washington coming in for DJ. Otherwise, one more change with Akin back in makes sense. I thought there was a possibility of Pratley coming in for Watson but if Watson is good to start for the third time in a week, I’ll trust their judgement on that one.
  • Options
    I'd forgotten that Shinnie hadn't even made the bench

Crewe are what I'd call a "nice" team so we probably need less physical strength. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!