Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MP3 Player

BDLBDL
edited July 2007 in Not Sports Related
Dropped my old MP3 player today and it's gone completely Pete Tong on me! Can't recover anything, it's only good as a spare HDD. (For the record It's a Tatung Elio p722!)

So I've got to get a new one. Don't have much dosh, so I was thing of the Sandisk E280

Anyone got one?

Should I look at an Ipod or Zen?

Comments

• Options
    iPods are the nuts
  • Options
    I have acouple of Ipods a shuffle and a 20GB one, to be honest they are OK, but I think the Sandisk item looks better and I regret getting into the AAC thing and DRM enabled music. I have a couple of hundred tracks I guess I will have to write off at some point. Unless anyone knows how to convert the protected Apple tracks to a more friendly format.
  • Options
    pickwick, burn them onto a CD as Audio files, them import them back in.

BDL, iPods are a little dated now and the iPod 'video' doesn't play any useful video formats (like Div X).

Plus they are really unreliable, if you do get one get it from John Lewis with a extended warranty,i've have mine replaced 3 times in total!
  • Options
    reserves, a cunning plan...

I have never had any prob's with my iPods, had them a few years, maybe lucky
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]pickwick, burn them onto a CD as Audio files, them import them back in.
    The problem with doing that is it lowers the quality of the sound reproduction.
  • Options
    had my ipod for about five years almost and no real problems with it other than it could do with a new battery.

thinking of getting a small mp3 player for the gym now mind.
  • Options
    Had a Sony Walkman MP3 for 3 yrs and its excellent!

Paid just over £100 for it, have dropped it, got it wet etc and had no issues at all.
  • Options
    my creative zen mp3 player is fabulous!
  • Options
    I have an Ipod Video & the only problem is them selfish sods at Apple encrypt their files & I have had to install an old version of I-Tunes Version 5 in order to save the files as MP3 as well which I need for other reasons (NO not to DJ Medders before you start). So when they say the Ipod is an MP3 player it isn't really. Other than that small gripe they are fine.
  • Options
    Have a Creative Zen as well (although i suspect the music on it might be different to Suzi's)

Very good!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Zen for me too. Lovely little gadget.
  • Options
    Zen vision m too. Love it but some people dont like the touchpad control so try 1 first.

gl

S.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I have an Ipod Video & the only problem is them selfish sods at Apple encrypt their files & I have had to install an old version of I-Tunes Version 5 in order to save the files as MP3 as well which I need for other reasons (NO not to DJ Medders before you start). So when they say the Ipod is an MP3 player it isn't really. Other than that small gripe they are fine.

DJ Laptop Ketman is in da house!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    you can copy all your songs from your ipod (or anyone elses) back to a computer with this software

Ipod rip
  • Options
    Ketman, any version of iTunes can convert to MP3, it's an option under Preferences/Import. It's just that AAC is a better tool for compression and is the default setting. Higher quality, smaller size.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the comments - I'm not happy at being generally restricted to Itunes so the Ipod is out.

Spoke to a colleague who has one of the Sansa's and she swears by it - So I think I'll opt for the Sansa. I like the idea of being able to drag and drop files.
  • Options
    I love my music, but splashing out a shed load of cash on an item that I'd bash around and can easily get lost/nicked isn't for me. A 2GB solid state MP3 player can cost as little as £20 and one that takes (rechargeable) AAA batteries means that I have no major fears over it's safety or longevity. I'd hate to be nursing and/or hiding my £300 state of the art MP3 player all the time. Just my opinion.