Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Peterborough | Sat 24 April 2021

edited April 2021 in General Charlton
We won 6-0 away on Tuesday. I'm made up. For me winning at Argyle is on a par with winning at Millwall. Put yourself in my shoes! :smile:

But can we follow that today? Posh, having slipped up on Tuesday, will have the promotion bone between their teeth.

What do you reckon, Mr Adkins? "We know it’s going to be a tough game but I’d like to hope Peterborough know it’s going to be a tough game for them as well.
We’ve got momentum, spirit. We’ve been solid in our defensive resolve and we’ve got a massive goal threats, etc ......".  
Yep, all to play for.

Well, for the first time in what seems like living memory, we have a fully fit squad and everyone available.
I haven't a clue what the lineup will be - except knowing Mr Adkins, he will probably make no more than a change or 2. He seems to keep his team pretty consistent, does our Nads.

Charlton: Amos; Matthews, Pearce, Inniss, Purrington; Forster-Caskey, Watson; Jaiyesimi, Gilbey, Millar; Stockley.

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Gunter, Famewo, Aneke, Morgan, Washington, Pratley.

Watch the match on the live stream:
Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass for Saturday's game can do so here.

All on Valley Pass ........... don't miss The Scott Minto Show, for the big match preview.
Scotty will be joined by guest pundits Curbs and Alex Dyer for the broadcast which begins at 2.15pm.

Winning today will go a long way to securing our play off position.

COYR!

Comments

• Options
    Just win the game.
    Three points today would make us odds on to reach the playoffs. 
    That's the message Adkins has to put over to the players. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    ...For me winning at Argyle is on a par with winning at Millwall. Put yourself in my shoes!

@Oggy Red but you are bang out of order. There is nothing better [in football] than beating Millwall!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Tough game today, but in our hands never mind about other teams, play with the pride and passion shown at Plymouth and we should be fine, def a winnable game, and can only see us continuing to make the playoffs our own.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    ...For me winning at Argyle is on a par with winning at Millwall. Put yourself in my shoes!

@Oggy Red but you are bang out of order. There is nothing better [in football] than beating Millwall!
    Yes there is. Beating Palace
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Solidgone said:

Don't I know it!

First time I saw us beat Millwall was in 1968. 
    Alan Campbell scored the winner with a goal of individual brilliance.

But for me, thrashing Argyle in their own back yard is the next best thing!
    And it's happened more recently than the last time we beat scummy old Millwall.

• Options
    It's nice that we can lose today and still be in with a very good shout of making the play offs. I'd be very happy with a draw, just to keep the momentum and unbeaten run going. Posh would probably take that too, and it may well be the last twenty minutes are slow if the sides are drawing then...I just hope all our goals this week were not scored midweek....
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Solidgone said:

Don't I know it!

First time I saw us beat Millwall was in 1968. 
    Alan Campbell scored the winner with a goal of individual brilliance.

But for me, thrashing Argyle in their own back yard is the next best thing!
    And it's happened more recently than the last team we beat scummy old Millwall.

Know hoe you feel, beating Millwall would be everything for me as never seen it happen

Beating Gillingham though means a lot though as I live down in Medway
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Charlton: Amos; Matthews, Pearce, Famewo, Purrington; Forster-Caskey, Watson; Jaiyesimi, Gilbey, Millar; Stockley.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60840d8eb182e/team-news-one-change-as-inniss-returns-to-starting-xi

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Where's the beast?

EDIT: Typo on the OS.

Inniss is playing, Famewo drops to the bench.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Unchanged starting, got to say its deserved

Surprised there isnt a place for Maatsen over Gunter what with his ability to effectively play in Defence, Midfield and Attack

Just hope that Watson can deal with Szmodics running at him better than he coped with Fraser...
  • Options
    edited April 2021
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    clive said:

Charlton: Amos; Matthews, Pearce, Famewo, Purrington; Forster-Caskey, Watson; Jaiyesimi, Gilbey, Millar; Stockley.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60840d8eb182e/team-news-one-change-as-inniss-returns-to-starting-xi

Good lineup, and back up from the bench, shame Maatson not involved..

• Options
    Good to see Innis back
  • Options
    clive said:

Innis starts not Famewo. 
  • Options
    As I thought....only the one change. That's more like it. A settled side with 2 strikers on the bench. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Shinnie and Gilbey are perfect example of how a change of Manager can change your fortunes

One excelled under Bowyer, the other is excelling under Adkins

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Where's the beast?
    He’s there - Number 24. 
    No Pratters starting though - could be a rick by Nads. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

It's not right,@clive

Typo on the OS. Fooled me too!

Inniss is starting.

Famewo drops to the bench.

• Options
    Bet of the day.... watson booked lol
  • Options
    Shinnie and Gilbey are perfect example of how a change of Manager can change your fortunes

One excelled under Bowyer, the other is excelling under Adkins

It's the change of system though, that has excluded Shinnie.

• Options
    Pompey winning 1-0 v Brizzle Rovers.

We need those 3 points today!

• Options
    Big big game, if we win this we send a very strong message ... 

Come on you reds!

• Options
    Our sub bench is pretty awesome by League 1 standards.
    Even by our last season's Championship standards!

• Options
    Our sub bench is pretty awesome by League 1 standards.
    yup, certainly is ... good news
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Where's the beast?
    He’s there - Number 24. 
    No Pratters starting though - could be a rick by Nads. 
    Yeah, some of us rely on the OS for team line up.

They printed Famewo starting.

And on the bench!

Sort it out, Curbs! :smile:

• Options
    wheres maatsen
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!