Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What’s the latest on crowds returning?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    Only fans who went to the Fulham U21 Checkatrade first round game in 2017 will be allowed to go the Wembley final. 
    Good call I was there.
    Plus just in case anyone has forgotten I was the only person in The Royal Oak for about 20 mins before KO :smile:
    You were not.....sadly!
    I blimmin was for a good 20 mins until eastterrace arrived about 25 mins before KO time.
    Well apart from the barmaid who I was talking to. 
  • Options
    I’m still none the wiser :-) 
    From what I can tell it looks like we can have 6.5k (1/4 of the Valley capacity) in for the playoff semi at the Valley, and 10k for the final. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    From what I can tell it looks like we can have 6.5k (1/4 of the Valley capacity) in for the playoff semi at the Valley, and 10k for the final. 
    Cheers. Is that 10k all told or 10k per team ?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    10,000 in total
  • Options
    and when will season tickets go on sale?
    I'd imagine depends on if we don't make playoffs and definitely in L1.  Also after the streams are over as any CAFC cash remaining can be used towards next season's ticket. 
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    and when will season tickets go on sale?
    I'd imagine depends on if we don't make playoffs and definitely in L1.  Also after the streams are over as any CAFC cash remaining can be used towards next season's ticket. 
    Wonder if we'll be able to use CAFC Cash for the Play-Offs if we get there
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    10,000 in total
    Thank you. My days of being in the first 5,000 for a ticket are long gone. Good to know in advance. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    10,000 in total
    Thank you. My days of being in the first 5,000 for a ticket are long gone. Good to know in advance. 
    If season ticket sales were around 3,500 I imagine anyone without a ST is going to be disappointed... I wont be surprised if its only about 8,000 that go to the two clubs, with a good few tickets going to the "Football Family".
  • Options
    I think we have more than 3.5k season ticket holders. My guess would be closer to 6k.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    10,000 in total
    If season ticket sales were around 3,500 I imagine anyone without a ST is going to be disappointed... I wont be surprised if its only about 8,000 that go to the two clubs, with a good few tickets going to the "Football Family".
    Presumably that will be those who have shown such generosity towards the general good health of the game, going over and above what would normally be expected.

Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spuds, Real Madrid, Barça etc fans can fill their boots with the Division Three Play Off Final and see some competitive, meaningful football for a change ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    There was a healthy crowd at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday evening with few masks and no social distancing.
  • Options
    I thought the 'road map' ended with the total lifting of restrictions in June, so why are some like @ElfsborgAddick suggesting that it may not be until December?!
  • Options
    I thought the 'road map' ended with the total lifting of restrictions in June, so why are some like @ElfsborgAddick suggesting that it may not be until December?!
    We'll all have to wait and see.
    My view is that pubs, restaurants, theatres and sports stadiums will not be anywhere near capacity way beyond mid June.
    I could not even sit in the boozer yesterday, I cannot see drastic changes in two months.
  • Options
    There was a healthy crowd at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday evening with few masks and no social distancing.
    Chelsea v Brighton had no supporters, or am I missing a joke?
  • Options
    In the street 
  • Options
    Chelsea v Brighton had no supporters, or am I missing a joke?
    I think Jimmy was referring to the protests outside the ground.
  • Options
    My view is that pubs, restaurants, theatres and sports stadiums will not be anywhere near capacity way beyond mid June.
    I could not even sit in the boozer yesterday, I cannot see drastic changes in two months.
    An audience of 4,000 without masks or social distancing will be allowed at the o2 on 11th May, so surely outdoor events with certain precautions should be ok in a few months.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56835482
  • Options
    clive said:
    An audience of 4,000 without masks or social distancing will be allowed at the o2 on 11th May, so surely outdoor events with certain precautions should be ok in a few months.
    I think that is the critical point, it won't be 'all legal restrictions removed' as stated by the PM in the original roadmap.
  • Options
    clive said:
    I think that is the critical point, it won't be 'all legal restrictions removed' as stated by the PM in the original roadmap.
    Without turning this into another covid/political debate i can see no reason why most events will not be able take place as normal in the summer, another example below.

The first in-person, live business event happening in the UK since the first national lockdown in March last year will take place in Liverpool next week - for up to 1,000 people.

The Change Business for Good conference will be monitored as part of the government's Events and Research Programme and is being organised by the designer Wayne Hemingway.

He told Radio 5 Live's Wake Up to Money programme there would be no social distancing requirements in place, no compulsory mask-wearing and no vaccine certification needed.

Instead, delegates will be asked to fill in a consent form and questionnaire, and to take lateral flow tests before and after the event in the hope that more "normal" conferences can be held in the future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56841832

• Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    Without turning this into another covid/political debate i can see no reason why most events will not be able take place as normal in the summer, another example below.

The first in-person, live business event happening in the UK since the first national lockdown in March last year will take place in Liverpool next week - for up to 1,000 people.

The Change Business for Good conference will be monitored as part of the government's Events and Research Programme and is being organised by the designer Wayne Hemingway.

He told Radio 5 Live's Wake Up to Money programme there would be no social distancing requirements in place, no compulsory mask-wearing and no vaccine certification needed.

Instead, delegates will be asked to fill in a consent form and questionnaire, and to take lateral flow tests before and after the event in the hope that more "normal" conferences can be held in the future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56841832

I agree, it will be with mitigations such as testing. I cannot see that a complete free for all will happen this year.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes it will all be fine post June and back to normal until we are hit with the new variant wave in Sept/Oct and back to square 1!
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Yes it will all be fine post June and back to normal until we are hit with the new variant wave in Sept/Oct and back to square 1!
    Sept/October is when they are saying that we'll all (probably) need booster shots that should be engineered to tackle the variants...
  • Options
    clive said:
    You'd like to think so, I'm very sceptical......and small.
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Nail on head.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    PopIcon said:
    I think we have more than 3.5k season ticket holders. My guess would be closer to 6k.
    I seem to recall when the tickets for the Mk Dons, AFC and Bristol Rovers were made available the club  advised there were just over 4,500 season ticket holders this year. Could be mistaken though. 
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    That's why certain restrictions will need to remain in place, if it is to be irreversible. There are still some predictions of a third wave, so much better to go slowly and enjoy some freedoms, than to have complete freedom, then have to go back to tougher restrictions again.
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    But it won't be back to square 1, as even if there are new variants, the existing vaccines that people have received will still give a fair amount of protection.
  • Options
    I will bunk in !
  • Options
    I'll wager that by the end of next season capacity crowds will still not be allowed in football stadiums.