Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Charlton Athletic| Tue 20 April | 7:45pm

edited April 2021 in General Charlton
As the 'real' Golfie says, this is a must win tonight.

No, not for the reason you're all thinking ..... win or bust, we can't afford to drop many or even any points if we still aspire to finish in the magical 6th place.
Far more more important than that: bragging rights, if we lose tonight, all my Greenie Argyle mates will rub my nose right in it. :neutral:

Seriously though, what does Mr Adkins have to say? "It is going to be tough but we’ve got a positive momentum about ourselves and we’ve got to keep that going.” 
Can't argue with that.

What line up can we expect tonight? It may be a bit soon, but Conor Washington and Chuks Aneke returned to training yesterday - and we've all seen the pic of Chuks at Paddington station.
Ian Maartsen may be ready, although could a couple of players be rested? We've got an intense schedule coming in the final run in.

I'll post the team line up here when it's announced at  11.45 am 2pm 6.45pm or asap.

Charlton: Amos; Matthews, Famewo, Pearce (C), Purrington; Gilbey, Watson, Forster-Caskey; Jaiyesimi, Stockley, Millar

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Gunter, Oshilaja, Pratley, Morgan, Shinnie, Aneke 

You can still get to watch the match on the live stream:
Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass for Tuesday's game can do so here.

On Valley Pass, tonight's pre-match build up ........ The Scott Minto Show, starring Scottie and Curbs - plus debutant special guest Dean Kiely. Deano!
Broadcast begins at 7pm.

Comments

• Options
    Nobody home from work yet or still having your dinner? :smile:

• Options
    Glued to the Swindon v Portsmouth game :D
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Unchanged starting line up. Aneke and Albie on the bench. Schwartz and Famewo not in the 18.

I read Watson’s number (26) as Inniss (24). Oops! Sorry! Now Famewo is in for Pratley too..?
  • Options
    Glued to the Swindon v Portsmouth game :D
    Of course ..... I forgot about that.

Come on Swindle Town!!

• Options
    Aneke comes on to the bench instead of Schwartz... He really doesnt feature in Adkins plans does he
  • Options
    Unchanged starting line up. Aneke and Albie on the bench. Schwartz and Famewo not in the 18.
    Watson in for Pratley
  • Options
    edited April 2021
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I read Watson’s number (26) as Inniss (24). Oops! Sorry!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I think I’m having a mare here. Lol

Pratley not in, Famewo is. Did they change the tweet or am I losing my marbles?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They must have changed the tweet as originally when I tried to look at it, it said it was unavailable.

Wonder what happened there. 
  • Options
    Aneke comes on to the bench instead of Schwartz... He really doesnt feature in Adkins plans does he
    Who, Schwartz?  ....... not in Adkins current system of play.

Nads has already told us why.

• Options
    Where’s Innis?
  • Options
    Inniss injured?
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Yes, they posted last saturdays team originally 
  • Options

They must have changed the tweet as originally when I tried to look at it, it said it was unavailable.

Thank Christ for that. Kept reloading it and it kept changing!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Where’s Innis?
    Inniss injured?
    Probably a precaution, hasnt played much football of late so two games in four days might be a bit too much for him

Adkins said that Famewo would play against Lincoln (the original fixture)
  • Options
    Hope Innis is just rested. Schwartz ditched completely... think he should be on the bench instead of Gunter, otherwise the team makes sense considering who is available.
  • Options
    I expected a few more changes but fair play, we are seeing players chosen on the role they need to perform in the team, rather than square pegs in round holes.

What I like since NA's arrival is that he's not tempted to throw in players out of position, then throw the accountability onto them afterwards.
  • Options
    I am disappointed to see Schwartz dropped again when we have Shinnie, Pratley and Morgan on the bench.

We heard from Bowyer how good he was and the comms in the club insinuate he's in the clubs plans... So I just do not get it. 

Amos 

Matthews - Famewo - Pearce - Purrington

F.Caskey - Watson - Gilbey

Millar - Stockley -  Jaiyesimi
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It became available.     :wink:

• Options
    I remember Bowyer being crucified for his lack of a plan B. 

I hope Adkins doesn't make the same mistake. 
  • Options
    Aneke and Morgan on the bench. Great to see.
    It is, but do we need Shinnie and Morgan on the bench? Unless we're going to use Morgan as the wing replacement. 
  • Options
    Feeling more apprehensive with no Innis in the team. We lose set piece threat here. Chuck's back on the bench is good. Surprised that Shinnie is not in. Think it's gonna be a tough night. Let's grind out a lucky 1-0!!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I remember Bowyer being crucified for his lack of a plan B. 

I hope Adkins doesn't make the same mistake. 

If anything Bowyer was criticised for having  too may plans and switching between them too often. Robinson had no plan B. I agree though, I;m seeing signs that Adkins may be on the more cautious side when we were perhaps told he was a more attacking manager. Still very early days though and he's not working with his own squad yet.
  • Options
    Hoorah, only 2 defenders on the bench
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I am disappointed to see Schwartz dropped again when we have Shinnie, Pratley and Morgan on the bench.

We heard from Bowyer how good he was and the comms in the club insinuate he's in the clubs plans... So I just do not get it. 

Amos 

Matthews - Famewo - Pearce - Purrington

F.Caskey - Watson - Gilbey

Millar - Stockley -  Jaiyesimi
    Listen to what Mr Adkins says and you will get it. :smile:

He explains all. In a nutshell, Schwarz doesn't fit the system with a lone striker we're currently playing. 

• Options
    Noticed on the way home from work that I’d be in time to buy a stream, got in, saw the team(rev1) and have decided against it
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!