Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Ipswich | Sat 17 April 2021 | 12:30pm

I missed the first half due to not paying attention to the kick-off time.

Seemed either side lacked that bit of impetus in the final third. We had the better of the chances in the second half, but it was not enough for all three points.

A shame not to progress further given the opportunity this afternoon, but still a point and a clean sheet.

Over to you.

Comments

• at least we didn't lose and have a game in hand on portsmouth
  • edited April 2021
    I don't get why Adkins is unwilling to give Schwartz a go. 

I don't get why we didn't bring in any creative players.

I don't get why Stockley can't finish with his feet.

The sooner Chuks and Wash are back the better.

Ipswich won't take 6th, so that's one less side to worry about.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm still annoyed about our lack of ability to really control a home game, however Ipswich are not a bad side, and we're not going to win every game between now and the end of the season.

It was mot great from us, but a draw and another clean sheet is fine in this game especially with our results before. We just need to make sure we turn our home form around for the run in and I think we will be fine. 

• Not great
  • Extends our unbeaten run but that's probably more because Ipswich got the result they came for, created enough chances but no one clinical enough, 90 minutes of my life I won't get back
  • two out of form teams playing out a stalemate.
  • Sponsored links:

• That was very dull. Schwartz clearly isn't rated, as I'd have pulled DJ, Millar, or Stockley off and given him a run for the sake of it 
  • Bone dry performance with little creativity. Would have liked to have seen schwartz, did he come on? Fell asleep
  • A few stockley chances at his feet where perhaps Schwartze would have been a good option?
  • Shocking game of football and completely wasted opportunity. Gilbey was poor again, don't get this guy at all, think Mk Dons have flogged us a dead horse.

• cafc4life said:
    Awful performance. Why didn’t he make subs? Steve Brown waffling rubbish for 90 minutes at every opportunity . So poor 
    Think Brown's running out of interesting commentary tbh. 

That game would have been tough to talk about at times though.
  • Overall, i think we deserved to win that, 2nd half Amos was largely untroubled. Our final ball was severely lacking any quality. This time last week i think we all wouldve taken 4 points from these games,so although disappointed not to follow up last weeks great win with another today im fairly happy with the point as we werent at our best. 
  • 2121 said:
    Bone dry performance with little creativity. Would have liked to have seen schwartz, did he come on? Fell asleep
    No Schwartz, only sub was Watson for Pratley.