Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best wishes and get well soon Marcus

Marcus has come in for some slack as of late (including from me until I educated myself on his current situation) and other Marcus Maddison threads may be tarnished with this negativity.  So to put that behind us and to put to bed any speculation on his situation I thought I'd just set this up to purely wish Marcus a recovery from his testing times and I'm sure lots of other lifers will join me in saying that. Kind Regards, LittleAddick.

Comments

• well done, good for you ... fully endorse your best wishes
  • Hopefully he can take a break and come back stronger than ever both mentally and physically.

• Take the time to do what you need to do, Marcus. There's people in your life who love you. 

The football can wait.

• edited April 2021
    Best wishes MM.Hope life looks a little brighter for you soon.
  • Chill Marcus. Find someone you trust to talk to. Plus, be with your loved ones and things will work out. 
  • Absolutely agree. Wishing MM brighter times ahead, whatever life path that might take.
  • Well said. Seems like the football community is already providing him with support while giving him the space he needs. Good luck to you Marcus, you've done the hardest part. 
  • All the best Marcus.
  • I wish him the best, he obviously has issues and needs a break from football to sort them out. I hope he gets the help and support he needs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Football isn't life or death, it's a game. Nobody has playing football as their only career. What he does next is up to him. He's had enough, move on to something better. It's what most people do, bit if you're not famous, nobody hears about it or cares. 
  • As many have said before there's still a good footballer in there, good luck with whatever you decide to do.
  • Marcus,you have done the hardest part and admitted you have a problem,many who suffer in silence keep it all bottled up with often a tragic outcome. I hope somehow the messages of goodwill on this forum reach you,and let you know that a lot of people are rooting for you.We have all seen enough of you on the pitch to know there is a good player there,have a rest,be with your friends and family,give Nigel a call when you are ready and who knows.
  • Good luck Marcus and get well soon. There is a very good player in there if you can allow it to come out.
  • mascot88 said:
    Oath
    ?
  • I hope in the long term fans stop being so abusive to players - we never know how it affects them. 
  • Best wishes Marcus. So pleased that you have found the strength to confront your demons. We are on your side.  
  • Best wishes Marcus hope you find some joy and purpose in your life whether that be a return to football with your undoubted talent or in some other field. Try and stay positive.
  • Absolutely agreed, it's not about Charlton, it's not even about football it's about taking the time to do what you need to do.

Good luck Marcus.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope he finds the happiness we all need to live a fulfilling life and to be able to perform at whatever profession chosen 

We will always have that goal v Plymouth where he seemed to just decide to make something happen and flick the ball through a fellow professionals legs, side step him and absolutely wallop one of the cleanest strikes I’ve ever seen in which helped us get a point in an otherwise frustrating game
  • I wish him well. 
  • Yeah, the least we can do is award him CAFC goal of the season 20/21 :)

(unless someone beats it in the remaining few games)
  • I’d not seen anything about this until I did a search after reading this thread. I echo everything said above (apart from “Oath” which I totally fail to understand). 
  • Inner peace can be so hard to find, acceptance of self is one of the building blocks out of poor mental health, from my own experience. Good luck Marcus.