Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Top 6 as they finish in League 1

Hull
Peterborugh
Sunderland
Portsmouth
Blackpool
Charlton

For me. 

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I did one of those predictor things and had us playing Pompey and Sunderland playing Blackpool but it would more interesting in seeing one done by a neutral as I am too biased!

Hull
    Posh
    Sunderland
    Us
    Pompey 
    Blackpool
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Hull
    Peterborough
    Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Charlton
    Portsmouth
  • Options
    Hull
    Peterborough
    Sunderland
    Portsmouth
    Charlton
    Bkackpool.

you know who, will play you know who in the final. And you know who will win. 
  • Options
    Here is a calculator if anybody feels able to do it objectively!

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-one/
  • Options
    Hull
    Sunderland 
    Peterboro
    Blackpool
    Charlton
    Portsmouth
  • Options
    Peterborough 
    Hull
    Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Portsmouth
    Oxford
  • Options
    Hull
    Peterborough 
    Sunderland 
    Charlton
    Blackpool
    Portsmouth 
  • Options
    Here is a calculator if anybody feels able to do it objectively!

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-one/
    Just used this and it finishes like this...

Hull 
    Posh
    Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Pompey
    Charlton

• Options
    1Peterborough UnitedPeterborough United

2Hull CityHull City
    3Sunderland AFCSunderland AFC
    4Portsmouth FCPortsmouth FC

5Blackpool FCBlackpool FC
    6Charlton AthleticCharlton Athletic
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    If we lose to Ipswich

Hull
    Peterborugh
    Sunderland
    Portsmouth
    Blackpool
    Ipswich

If we beat Ipswich or draw
    Hull
    Peterborugh
    Sunderland
    Portsmouth
    Blackpool
    Charlton

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hull
    Posh
    Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Pompey
    Charlton
  • Options
    Hull
    Peterborough

Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Pompey
    Ipswich

Charlton
  • Options
    Peterborough 
    Hull
    Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Portsmouth
    Oxford
    This unfortunately 
  • Options
    You could have given Wigan a few more points Chizz
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Sadly I had

Hull
    Peterborough

Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Pompey
    Oxford

Ipswich
    Charlton

Oxford, Ipswich and us all finishing on 75 points with us missing out by goal difference.  Let's hope Gobbo messes it up, Oxford have a pretty simple run in.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Needed a big win on the last day to pip Hull to the title.  Also, bad luck Sunderland. 
    I dont just think it was a big win on the last game of the season that you plugged into the predictor - seeing our GD is just +6 atm we would need to win all the other 6 matches by at least 4 clear goals.

And good to see that about the only other person who agreed with me was @oohaahmortimer. Clearly everyone else is about as deluded as Chizz. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Hull
    Sunderland 
    Peterboro
    Blackpool
    Charlton
    Portsmouth
    Great minds think alike....
  • Options
    Hull and Peterborough top 2.

Sunderland 3rd

The us sandwiched between Blackpool and Portsmouth in 5th.

• Options
    no idea about the rest but I think we'll sneak into the play offs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hull 
    Posh

Blackpool
    Sunderland
    Pompey
    Charlton

In that order.
  • Options
    Oxford will have already played two more games than us by the time we next play and are already three points behind

I honestly think the last Play-Off spot (dont think we'll neccessarily finish sixth) is between Lincoln, Charlton, Ipswich

Oxford have wasted their games in hand
  • Options
    Oxford will have already played two more games than us by the time we next play and are already three points behind

I honestly think the last Play-Off spot (dont think we'll neccessarily finish sixth) is between Lincoln, Charlton, Ipswich

Oxford have wasted their games in hand
    After tonight games in hand (against us) are totally irrelevant.  If we win the other 3 games this month or get 7 points, Peterborough becomes a free hit, or a bonus.  8-10 points from the next 4 games would really put us in the driving seat. 
  • Options
    1 Hull
    2 Posh
    3 Sunderland
    4 Blackpool
    5 Pompey
    6 Charlton

But it will be very tight, and Oxford's better GD could be a factor. I also think this year will be more like 2018 and 2019, with us going out in the semis
  • Options
    I’ve given up predicting League 1 results. It depends whether we have just had a couple of good results or if this truly is the fabled ‘run’. 
  • Options
    Really not worth worrying about until we come to play Lincoln. That could be the ultimate 6 pointer. Might be all over by then - might not be. 
  • Options
    Had a go, tried to keep as sensible a head as I could and these are my final predictions-:

1 Hull -  90 pts
    2 Posh - 89
    3 Sund - 86
    4 Blacp - 84
    5 Cafc -  81
    6 Pomp - 80
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Chizz said:

Needed a big win on the last day to pip Hull to the title.  Also, bad luck Sunderland. 
    I dont just think it was a big win on the last game of the season that you plugged into the predictor - seeing our GD is just +6 atm we would need to win all the other 6 matches by at least 4 clear goals.

And good to see that about the only other person who agreed with me was @oohaahmortimer. Clearly everyone else is about as deluded as Chizz. 
    Yes, we had plenty of large wins in the last few games.  But it also required a big win on the last day to make sure we finished ahead of Hull.  It was quite a day, with that incredible ending.  

For anyone unaware, we were 3-0 at half time and cruising, but really needed that fourth goal to make the title safe.  So, it was a real surprise to see Nigel Adkins go ahead with his pre-announced plan to bring Thomas Sandgaard on with five minutes to go.  And an even bigger surprise when Johnnie Jackson picked himself up having been brought down in the box to hand the ball to Thomas to take the penalty in the last minute.  

And, as everyone knows, the owner strode up casually to blast the ball home.  It trickled off his foot and bounced off the Sunderland keeper's shin and was followed up by Jason Euell, to complete his hat-trick. 

What a game. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I’m not going to speculate but ten weeks ago I thought it was impossible. At least now there is a possibility. Take each game as it comes as they say.
    My thoughts exactly, just us turning up to fight for points every week now is a massive improvement since Bowyer left.

If we make it or not at least we didn't go out in a whimper like we was doing.