Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison returns

Bilton wanderers have just announced they have ended the loan deal for Marcus Maddison and will return to Charlton 

Comments

• What are our options as don't think we want him?!
  • edited April 2021
    What are our options as don't think we want him?!
    End of the season and release id guess
  • Oh good! I do think that he can be good, but I don't want any disruption at this stage. 
  • edited April 2021
    Can he even play for us now... Surely the loan was until the end of the year so he's now stuck in limbo.

If not it seems a very loose way of getting round the loan rules which state players have to go on loan the whole season or from Aug - Jan or Jan - Jun... Its why Karlan Grant wasnt allowed to be involved in our 2017/18 Play-Off campaign
  • The Bolton manager was reasonbly bullish about him after subbing him at half time last game, and mentioned he still has a part to play. So maybe Adkins wants a good look at him and his man management might be the exact sort of thing Maddison needs.

I expect the more likely scenario is that this is just another nail in the coffin that is Maddison's career, and he probably didn't turn up to training or something similar. 
  • edited April 2021
  • He's a flair player with a lacking attitude.  what can adkins do about him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bolton site comments on Maddison’s struggle and mental health , due to lockdown and being stuck in a hotel room on his own- without seeing he’s young daughter.

probably nothing to do with Charlton, but will be interesting to see if he’s involved here again- seeing as we have the option to extend his contract 
  • I am going to take a guess and say that will be the last we will see on Maddison in football league.

Reckon we will see him turn up at some Youtube team or a non-league team with plenty of cash South Shields etc. Somewhere he can turn up on a Saturday and get paid and not worry about training in the week.
  • Well that's going to be awkward. 
  • Hes not coming back to Charlton ...
  • edited April 2021
    sammy391 said:
    Bolton site comments on Maddison’s struggle and mental health , due to lockdown and being stuck in a hotel room on his own- without seeing he’s young daughter.

probably nothing to do with Charlton, but will be interesting to see if he’s involved here again- seeing as we have the option to extend his contract 
    If only we had an enthusiastic manager with bundles of positivity to spare that could give him a bit of a boost and encouragement when he needs it...
  • I reckon he'll be going home (whether that is) to sort his life out. There's no point him returning to us as we can't play him, and Adkins doesn't need the distraction
    I think this is the likely and best outcome, though I wouldn't underestimate Adkins want to support and help him distraction or not. 
  • Probably just pay up his contract now rather than drag it out til end of season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon he'll be going home (whether that is) to sort his life out. There's no point him returning to us as we can't play him, and Adkins doesn't need the distraction
    so does that mean that even if he did come back to us we cant register to play him anyway? 
  • sammy391 said:
    Bolton site comments on Maddison’s struggle and mental health , due to lockdown and being stuck in a hotel room on his own- without seeing he’s young daughter.

This is precisely why i hope people won't criticise or abuse him.

His form has dropped off a cliff since Covid and he's clearly struggling.
  • I think Adkins is the exact kinda person he needs in his life right now. Considering his daily posts, I'd be shocked if he just fucks him off like a lot of people on here are willing to do. 

• I think MM's future is in Jacko's hands, if Jacko tells Adkins he's not worth reintegrating due to MM's relationship with the rest of the squad then i don't think he will step foot in the training ground.

If Jackson thinks it was more a Bowyer & MM issue i'd think we'll see him back training with us and possibly back in the squad for the run in.

• Perhaps if he put in more hard work, application and focussed on his job then the success might just come.
  • edited April 2021
    shine166 said:
    I think Adkins is the exact kinda person he needs in his life right now. Considering his daily posts, I'd be shocked if he just fucks him off like a lot of people on here are willing to do. 

The team are playing as a team now. I’m sure they’d rather not have a distraction like Maddison in the dressing room.
  • Think its telling that Peterborough are looking very likely to get promoted this season without him.

I feel sorry for the bloke to be honest, obviously has a lot of issues that I hope he sorts mentally. Reminds me of my brother, more worried about playing his playstation over family and work.
  • I think MM's future is in Jacko's hands, if Jacko tells Adkins he's not worth reintegrating due to MM's relationship with the rest of the squad then i don't think he will step foot in the training ground.

If Jackson thinks it was more a Bowyer & MM issue i'd think we'll see him back training with us and possibly back in the squad for the run in.

No idea where his ex and daughter live (although i assume Peterborough) but isn't the point of him leaving Bolton so he can spend some time with her and sort his head out?

Moving from one hotel up north to another hotel down south isn't really going to achieve much is it?

I don't think he can play for us, so i can't imagine he'll be turning up to train.