Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player fatigue

Has anybody else noticed how much more fatigued everyone looks at the end games ( inc fans :D).  Credit to a bunch of players that haven't really connected with the fans and in empty stadiums are really busting a gut to get back or to press.  For me personally this is the most I've seen us run around in recent years.

Comments

• wmcf123 said:
    Has anybody else noticed how much more fatigued everyone looks at the end games ( inc fans :D).  Credit to a bunch of players that haven't really connected with the fans and in empty stadiums are really busting a gut to get back or to press.  For me personally this is the most I've seen us run around in recent years.
    Did you go to any games last season ? Effort wasn’t the issue .  
    There was no pressing high up the pitch though, yeah it was a higher league but in terms on intensity I'd say we are runnin harder. Went to 13 last season BTW, so not all.
  • It certainly "feels" different and we are pressing the opposition in a way they have done to us in that dire run at the Valley to pick up 3 points. This is L1 and you need to simply win on the day by any means, rather than overdoing the principles of play (where are MK Dons now after making us look like a park team).
  • Physical effort has always been there, mental fatigue however could be the issue as the amount of mistakes we make late on in games is alarming. 
  • edited April 2021
    wmcf123 said:
    Did you go to any games last season ? Effort wasn’t the issue .  
    There was no pressing high up the pitch though, yeah it was a higher league but in terms on intensity I'd say we are runnin harder. Went to 13 last season BTW, so not all.
    We did press high - watch the games against Leeds, Brentford, Fulham, Forest etc.  We fell down on horrific injuries , losing key players and a general lack of quality .  Mostly our effort under Bowyer was faultless - certainly up until the last few games. 

Adkins has made a good start, although our away form was good anyway.  
  • Adkins has taken advantage of a few weeks with only one game a week .

Quite sensibly he didn't risk Aneke or Fanewo yesterday and they have another week to recover .

When we roll into two games a week we should rotate 

Gunter and Matthews .

Fanewo and Pearce .

JFC and Shinnie 

Pratley and Watson

Stockley and Aneke 

I doubt if other clubs have this depth .
  • Against the lesser teams though we didn't, maybe we ran hard against the good teams but if we were ever playing a team of equal league position or even this year in league 1 we were a mid block.
  • Richard J said:
    Adkins has taken advantage of a few weeks with only one game a week .

Quite sensibly he didn't risk Aneke or Fanewo yesterday and they have another week to recover .

Gunter and Matthews .

Fanewo and Pearce .

JFC and Shinnie 

Pratley and Watson

Stockley and Aneke 

Disagree on rotation. With so few games left we start our first team players every time if they are fit. Some maybe less fit than others and need a rest, but other that that, they play.
  • Against the lesser teams though we didn't, maybe we ran hard against the good teams but if we were ever playing a team of equal league position or even this year in league 1 we were a mid block.
    Yes - we fell down when we had to break teams down  and had more of the ball - as we have done this season for the most part.  You are making it sound like our effort levels under Adkins have been unseen for years, which plainly isn’t true.  

If Adkins sorts our home for out, I will agree that he’s made a huge difference , but I won’t hold my breath as I don’t think we have the players to set up other than to absorb pressure and hit teams on the break.  The fact that we are playing quite a few of the top 10 might of course suit us . 
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Richard J said:

Gunter and Matthews .

Fanewo and Pearce .

JFC and Shinnie 

Pratley and Watson

Stockley and Aneke 

Disagree on rotation. With so few games left we start our first team players every time if they are fit. Some maybe less fit than others and need a rest, but other that that, they play.
    If there was only one game a week I would agree .

My point is that Matthews , Pearce , JFC , Pratley and Stockley would need to be managed . Three weeks of two games a week make the squad depth crucial . 
  • Richard J said:
    Redrobo said:
    Richard J said:

Gunter and Matthews .

Fanewo and Pearce .

JFC and Shinnie 

Pratley and Watson

Stockley and Aneke 

If there was only one game a week I would agree .

My point is that Matthews , Pearce , JFC , Pratley and Stockley would need to be managed . Three weeks of two games a week make the squad depth crucial . 
    I think I would keep playing them all at this stage of the season.