Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Graham Tutt book

Hi all

I just thought I’d give a plug to a new book that is being released on this Monday 12th April about the life of former Charlton player, Graham Tutt. It was written by Tutt, with the aid of long time Addick, Matt Eastley and explores not just Tutt’s time at Charlton, but his experiences after the terrible injury he suffered in 1976, moving to apartheid South Africa and then later the USA.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Never-Give-Up-Graham-Buster/dp/1785318489/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&qid=1617880455&refinements=p_27%3AGraham+Tutt&s=books&sr=1-1&text=Graham+Tutt

Have a great day all.
Martin

P.S. I hope this is ok @AFKABartram and @LoOkOuT

Comments

• edited April 2021
    Really looking forward to reading this one. Graham Tutt was by far the best young goalkeeper I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt. I'm sure he would have played at the highest level had it not been for the dreadful injury he suffered at Sunderland. If I remember correctly, he was replaced in goal by Derek Hales that day.
  • Tom Finney (not the Preston one). When he played at the Valley years later he was booed throughout the game. It was a terrible injury and  I remember being really pleased that so many people still remembered. I have pre-ordered the book and look forward to reading it.
  • i will never forget that terrible foul on Graham Tutt, i saw it plainly and it was deliberate. 

So sad it ended a talented young keepers career.     
  • Tom Finney (not the Preston one). When he played at the Valley years later he was booed throughout the game. It was a terrible injury and  I remember being really pleased that so many people still remembered. I have pre-ordered the book and look forward to reading it.
    Finney was never allowed to forget it. I recall the hatred for him away at Cambridge many years later. 
  • Good luck to Graham with his book. I remember being by the tunnel and saw the injury which was simply horrific and even Sunderland fans knew how bad Finney was.

Game was immaterial but Killer scored shortly after I think which was a strange feeling before we eventually lost but the injury was and is the worst thing I've ever seen. Finney should have been kicked out of the game after that. 
  • mart77 said:
    Hi all

I just thought I’d give a plug to a new book that is being released on this Monday 12th April about the life of former Charlton player, Graham Tutt. It was written by Tutt, with the aid of long time Addick, Matt Eastley and explores not just Tutt’s time at Charlton, but his experiences after the terrible injury he suffered in 1976, moving to apartheid South Africa and then later the USA.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Never-Give-Up-Graham-Buster/dp/1785318489/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&qid=1617880455&refinements=p_27%3AGraham+Tutt&s=books&sr=1-1&text=Graham+Tutt

Have a great day all.
    Martin

P.S. I hope this is ok @AFKABartram and @LoOkOuT

Thanks Mart -
    I appreciate the plug -
    Enjoy the book and feel free to give me some positive feed back -
    Cheers Mate!
  • Good luck to Graham with his book. I remember being by the tunnel and saw the injury which was simply horrific and even Sunderland fans knew how bad Finney was.

Game was immaterial but Killer scored shortly after I think which was a strange feeling before we eventually lost but the injury was and is the worst thing I've ever seen. Finney should have been kicked out of the game after that. 
    Yes - they were tough times mate - even so there's some good belly laughs and some tears- Enjoy - Cheers! 
  • Sponsored links:

• That’s a great story @Acab

• Met Graham one Sunday dinner time in the Wheatsheaf Sittingbourne, he had just played centre forward for the Ship a local Sunday morning team, having played in goal the previous day for Charlton, guess I’ll have to buy the the book to see if the Ship gets a mention.
  • First time I’ve seen that tackle - dirty bastard…
  • Graham was a great goalie and could have gone on and had a great career. Remember the tackle and injury. Horrific. Glad to hear he's doing well.  
  • Shocking challenge. First time I'd seen it too. His attitude to what must have been crushing news is quite amazing. Just glad he managed to have such a good coaching career and interesting life. 
  • Brilliant find this whoever unearthed it. I've just come off the phone to Graham and he's seen it and was shocked by it. It brought it all back to him. Funnily enough, he has absolutely no recollection at all of this interview which sounds like it was conducted by John Motson (who was commentating that day at Roker Park) and it must have been featured on Football Focus as that is Bob Wilson introducing the clip in the background. 
  • edited February 2022
    @mattaddick

It's from @BobK 's collection and has been added by him to the Charlton Athletic Museum Football Video Archive.

He's done an outstanding job.

Bromley Addicks sent it to Graham last night and as you say he'd never seen it and didn't know it existed.

There maybe other clips of Graham in action on the Youtube site.
  • @mattaddick

It's from @BobK 's collection and has been added by him to the Charlton Athletic Museum Football Video Archive.

Bromley Addicks sent it to Graham last night and as you say he'd never seen it and didn't know it existed.

Actually this was from a video given to the Museum last week of 1970s matches and news clips that I processed for putting on Youtube.
  • @mattaddick

I wonder how he felt seeing it?
    I do hope it didn’t cause any distress/unearthing of previously buried emotions.
    🙏🏻♥️
  • Sponsored links:

• I take it all back then Bob😀

That was from @wwtone
  • @mattaddick

I wonder how he felt seeing it?
    I do hope it didn’t cause any distress/unearthing of previously buried emotions.
    🙏🏻♥️
    Graham said 

“Wow - Thanks Tony - I did not know this existed !
    I’m amazed you found this - Cheers Mate!”

He then added that  it was well worth a promote