Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wisdom teeth removal

13»

Comments

• Options
    Jessie said:
    Danepak said:
    Well, that was easy. They only removed one tooth (lower right).

Had IV sedation.

Seriously only remember sitting in the chair, having the needle inserted in the top of my hand, a few injections in the mouth and talking to them for a minute or two.

And I also think I remember the sound of one of the tools. But you were in some sort of a dream state.

Tooth removed and stitches done. Zero pain.

Felt like 5 mins max (but was apparently around 20 mins) and then I was taken into a room with a comfy chair. Was drowsy for maybe 5 mins, before waking up. When I left, I felt in a good mood (like when you’re 5-6 pints deep). Quickly wore off though.

Just hope the painkillers will do a good job.

Wow, what a coincidence.... I just had two of my wisdom teeth removed yesterday. You actually started this thread around the time when I just decided to do it and I read every post. Now it's really unbelievable we got it done at about the same time! I'd been dreading it for two years and I was so nervous the night before the operation (well yes it was a small operation) I couldn't sleep. Sounds like yours was easier than mine.

I was going in for the removal of the lower right one too which was an impacted tooth and required the gum to be cut open. The doctor said 'let's get your upper right wisdom tooth removed too. It is quite decayed but the procedure will be much easier compared to the impacted one.' I was a little hesitant but went along with it. 

The whole operation was done under local anesthesia. The upper right one was indeed very easy to take out which took less than five minutes. After about 30 minutes it was all finished and I left the hospital. The anesthesia wore off after two hours. I could only eat porridge for dinner. I took some antibiotics for precaution and luckily despite the hurting feelings of the area that was stitched I didn't need painkillers. It's the second day now for me and I still only eat porridge and soup. I feel the pain when I eat and am afraid any movement of my mouth/gum will slow down the healing process. I don't know when I can start eating some solid food, which is the main concerning matter for me right now... Looks like you are going to eat normally soon. It probably is more like my upper right tooth. I feel very little pain from that area now.
    That is indeed a coincidence.
    I’m glad mine was done with IV sedation and not local.
    After all, I’m a soft European (that’s what my Kiwi wife calls me anyway...).
    I’ve already had Shepherds pie and macaroni cheese (surgery was done 4 1/2 hours ago).
    Let’s see what the next few hours bring.
    Hope you’re back to normal soon, Jessie.
  • Options
    Thank you. Wish you a speedy recovery, too. :)
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Teeth’s??
    We all know it's Teef .