Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BRENDAN WIREDO

edited March 2021 in General Charlton
Just to say he played midfield yesterday for Colchester and scored. I believe we have a buy back clause for him. Always reckoned him.

Comments

• Options
    I saw a strange story from what seems to be a reliable twitter source about him being let go for getting a new car? Very odd sure there is obviously more to it
  • Options
    Did you see the sitter he missed from a a yard out last night . That might change your mind about him . 
  • Options
    Brendan Sarpong Wiredu, we have a buy back, we do, we have a buy back, we do.
  • Options
    I saw a strange story from what seems to be a reliable twitter source about him being let go for getting a new car? Very odd sure there is obviously more to it
    There was a rumour that he got himself a new car when he signed a contract with us and someone wasn't happy with it as he seemed to think he had "made it" before he actually had. Not sure if it is true tbh but he certainly wouldn't be the first to have done that
  • Options
     A friend of his denied that and Brendan liked the post denying it. 
  • Options
    He's still on the squad page on the OS :)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
     A friend of his denied that and Brendan liked the post denying it. 
    The stuff people lie about is really odd
  • Options
    A good agent would have advised him against that..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    A good agent is very hard to find
  • Options
    He won Colchester's player of the month award for February.
  • Options
    Gutted now we never used My perfect Cousin as a basis for a Jordan Cousins song!
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Redhenry said:
    A good agent is very hard to find
    One of The Undertones greatest hits, that.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Most of the players take no notice of good advice. I know an agent who had a young player on his first big move that included a £140k signing on fee. Despite his sound advice the player immediately went and spent it ALL on a new car.

That move was to a top flight club but after two years not making there he has spent his career in League's One and Two.
  • Options
    Is there a rule that young players don’t get a chance in the first team if they buy a car after getting a new contract??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    Redhenry said:
    Most of the players take no notice of good advice. I know an agent who had a young player on his first big move that included a £140k signing on fee. Despite his sound advice the player immediately went and spent it ALL on a new car.

That move was to a top flight club but after two years not making there he has spent his career in League's One and Two.
    But does he still have the car!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Is there a rule that young players don’t get a chance in the first team if they buy a car after getting a new contract??
    Probably brought in, during the era when creative players got sold for being creative players and not changing at the age of 28 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Dennis Wise made a young John Terry take his car back after turning up to training in a car he'd bought using a champions league bonus and Sir Alex Ferguson once hit Wes Brown round the head with a cricket bat because he was getting himself a flat in the city center 
  • Options
    Dennis Wise made a young John Terry take his car back after turning up to training in a car he'd bought using a champions league bonus and Sis Alex Ferguson once hit Wes Brown round the head with a cricket bat because he was getting himself a flat in the city center 
    I get cars but it could be argued that the flat was an investment. Even though location for nights out was a a key factor 
  • Options
    Dennis Wise made a young John Terry take his car back after turning up to training in a car he'd bought using a champions league bonus and Sir Alex Ferguson once hit Wes Brown round the head with a cricket bat because he was getting himself a flat in the city center 
    They should get Fergie to present location, location, location