Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Check this link out

Comments

• Options
    I know a perfect way of avoiding speeding tickets. You have to have some special kit in your car but most models now have these as standard. One is called a speedometer and the other is a brake. When the first tells you might be travelling close the limit you just have to touch the second and hey presto no speeding tickets. Worked for me for the last 20 years
  • Options
    Come on Henry driving over the speed limit, frequent lane hopping and tailgating is a much safer way to drive - AND you can avoid speeding fines at the same time. At least that's the Evening Standard appears to be suggesting.
  • Options
    There's a time & a place for speeding & last night on the A2/M2 at 11.30pm with minimal traffic was one of them & that is a FACT.
  • Options
    [cite] Henry Irving:[/cite]I know a perfect way of avoiding speeding tickets. You have to have some special kit in your car but most models now have these as standard. One is called a speedometer and the other is a brake. When the first tells you might be travelling close the limit you just have to touch the second and hey presto no speeding tickets. Worked for me for the last 20 years

Possibly the most sarcastic reply to a post i have seen. I am not a speeder, but i dont like the fact they hide cameras behind bushes, then claim they are doing for safty reasons, when we all know it makes em millions of pounds.

Thought i would share with everyone how thesefuckers are fleecing us of our hard earned.
  • Options
    dont like the fact they hide cameras behind bushes

There are camera warning signs before you enter an area covered by a camera, if you choose to ignore them...though what annoys me is that they can put a sign up, but they don't display the correct speed underneath it, so how do you know whether you should be doing 30, 40 or 50...

The one at the bottom of a steepish hill is though becoming a cliche...
  • Options
    But they are all over the roads, and most of the time there is not a camera so its easy to dismiss the signs.

Drive down birchwood road a couple of months ago and see how sneaky they are. They are fleecing us mate, why should we not laugh at there misfortune of fecking up these camera things, and wasting all that money that they fleeced off of us in the first place.
  • Options
    If you see a camera sign and ignore it, especially in an area unfamiliar to you, then you are asking to get caught...that warning exists for a reason.
  • Options
    My only three points were from a Mobile camera based behind a bush at the bottom of a hill & there were no Camera signs on the road at that time. Sorry have to dis-agree on this point, cameras are not there for safety, they are a cash cow. If not why have the £60 fine, if they removed that there would be no cameras full stop, Goverment only interested in money. Why are there none enforcing 20 mph outside schools, thats where they should be, no they are in places where they can easily ensnare motorists.
  • Options
    [cite] Ketman:[/cite]Why are there none enforcing 20 mph outside schools, thats where they should be, no they are in places where they can easily ensnare motorists.

That's a very fair point.
  • Options
    [cite] BlackForestReds:[/cite]If you see a camera sign and ignore it, especially in an area unfamiliar to you, then you are asking to get caught...that warning exists for a reason.

I didnt say i ignored these signs, was merely implying that they are too inconsistant, and was pointing out that they are sneaky. As i said i am not a fast driver so does not effect me, but it still gets my goat.

Anyway who cares its Fri... oh balls its not, but soon it will be roll on SatDee for Watford at home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2006
    Sarcastic? Me! Surely not.

The reason there are fines and point deductions are because these are a more powerful incentive for some people to slow down than "slow down" or "Kill you speed, not a child" signs and that is the sad reality. Drink driving dropped partly because of moral, social pressure and partly because of a fear of losing you licence. If you listen to campaigns on drink driving now they still make the same two pronged approach. Ditto spending.

Signage on what the speed limit is could be better but then again it is all listed in the highway code which we all had to learn to pass our tests. Personally anyone caught speeding is "bang to rights" IMHO. If you don't like handing over money to the government/police etc don't speed, don't park illegally, don't dodge train fares, etc, etc.

I've done all of those things but when I get a parking ticket or the inspector caught me I paid up. I knew the rules, I knew I was breaking them and what the penalty was.

What makes me laugh is that the same people who moan about lack of respect for the law, country going to the dogs, kids of today, blah, blah, blah then moan when they have broken the law knowingly and with intent and seek ways to avoid their responsibilities. You can't have it both ways. pay the fines or go buy a hoodie.
  • Options
    I have done both! I will be joing the Charlton Yoof at the Bolton game and will spend the whole game swearing at all & sundry accordingly..!
  • Options
    LOL
  • Options
    doing 45mph past the dutch house on sunday at 9.30pm isn't dangerous driving.but the double flash practcally blinded me plus frightened the life out of me and just my lightening reactions saved us from catastrophe.death traps i tell ya!

and 3 points though.
  • Options
    put the fines up to a grand and see how many people speed. They should be fair though i.e. highly visible and outside schools, you could have loads of dummy cameras too.
  • Options
    I say ban cars and bring back the reliable horse and cart!