Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Question of International Call-ups

I am slightly confused. On Valley Pass last night they said that the Crewe game on the 27th was going to be postponed due to International call-ups, but the fixture list hasn't been changed on the OS or the BBC website, and I'm not sure we have the 3+ call-ups to qualify. Gunter's in the Wales squad, but Matthews isn't cos he's injured, I assume Conor Washington will be in the Northern Ireland squad but I can't see that's been announced yet, and Shinnie's not in the Scotland squad, so who's the other one? I thought maybe Maatsen, but he's not been in the Dutch U21s yet as far as I can tell. Have they jumped the gun slightly?

Comments

• Options
    Millar with Canada, they have World Cup Qualifiers themselves
  • Options
    It seems slightly premature to decide in advance, but probably to our advantage

After all Gunter could be dropped or one of the other players could pick up a knock, and we'd be down to 2 callups
  • Options
    With regards to Millar, I know he's not been at his best but you'd also ideally want him fit and ready to go against Doncaster on the 2nd April.

Despite having to go Transatlantic its nice to see both Canada's fixtures (against Bermuda and Cayman Islands) are both being held in Florida so isnt like he'll be doing massive amounts of travel.

I presume he wont have to self-isolate afterwards
  • Options
    Crewe got any internationals?
  • Options
    Omar Beckles plays for Grenada, but no one else

Unless they've knew someone who visited Cardiff or Edinburgh once which might help elsewhere
  • Options
    Omar Beckles plays for Grenada, but no one else

Unless they've knew someone who visited Cardiff or Edinburgh once which might help elsewhere
    racist
  • Options
    Millar with Canada, they have World Cup Qualifiers themselves
    Oh of course. I didn't scroll that far down the fixtures page :)
  • Options
    Chris Gunter has been called up to the Wales squad for their World Cup Qualifiers against Belgium and Czech Republic and a friendly against Mexico, with the Addicks' full-back just one appearance away from gaining his 100th cap for his country.

That'll be his 100th. And dare I say, last cap.
  • Options
    being controversial I'd say it might be better just to play the Crewe match without those 3. Obviously will miss Washington but that could happen anyway if he got a slight knock in training (like that never happens :) ) but not really the other 2 - especially for just 1 match. My reasonings...........

just remember what happened last time we were on a decent run  & an International break meant we missed a match. we completely fell apart and have been ruing it ever since.

you have been warned. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    being controversial I'd say it might be better just to play the Crewe match without those 3. Obviously will miss Washington but that could happen anyway if he got a slight knock in training (like that never happens :) ) but not really the other 2 - especially for just 1 match. My reasonings...........

just remember what happened last time we were on a decent run  & an International break meant we missed a match. we completely fell apart and have been ruing it ever since.

you have been warned. 
    I am actually pleased that we have nearly two weeks off .

We are outsiders for the playoffs but this two week break will mean that many of the games in hand will be played so by Easter we will know where we really are .
  • Options

you have been warned. 
    Without Bowyer, the players might benefit from the international break!