Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has any player publicly thanked Bowyer?

I haven’t seen anything at all on Instagram or Twitter. Anyone else find that weird? Or have I missed it? Makes me wonder if there were a few issues behind the scenes 

Comments

• Options
    They all professional.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Not that I've seen so far.
  • Options
    Do many players come out on social media after a Manager goes? 
  • Options
    I would expect Taylor, Grant, Aribo etc to say positive things about Lee Bowyer as their games improved under him and they got transfers to play at a higher level with big wage increases.

More complex with the current players as they are still getting their heads around the situation and they own personal and collective relationships with Lee. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unnecessary terse words.
  • Options
    As soon as one tweets anything we will know the dressing room wasn't lost and that no players are pleased he's gone
    but until then they all hate him and think he's the devil and sly for going for another job during the current season 
  • Options
    Twitter and Instagram aren't real life.

They may all love him or hate him but not saying anything on social media means little.

Remember he told them he was leaving face to face. They may have all cheered or begged him notp to go then.
    People go on social media to express publicly what they think though. When a player posts after a game, it's not aimed at the other players or coaches, it's for the "public"
  • Options
    It doesn't matter now. Bowyer is gone with our best wishes and we need to focus on promotion which is still a possibility.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I'm surprised Lee didn't go for the gig at Cardiff, before MM  getting the band back together and all that, can just imagine the look on JW's face!

• Options
    masicat said:
    My mate met Bowyer and Robinson at the training ground when Bowyer was number 2.  He said Robinson was a really nice bloke and Bowyer was a rude asshole. A Charlton legend who appeared on your screen last night if you watched the coverage, told me the biggest mistake we made was letting Robinson go. Apparently he is very highly regarded. Maybe he will return.
    I’m a Bowyer supporter and think he should have stayed, so no axe to grind with these comments. 
    Good god, please no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aneke just did a post thanking him.
  • Options
    I can now announce officially : Aneke didnt say he was pony and had lost the dressing room 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Close thread lol
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Remember Jackson getting pelters when Powell left and not saying anything on twitter.  If i remember rightly.  Jackson bit at some of the criticism and explained that their goodbye was personal and not for the public.  Something like that anyway.  And it must have been when Powell left as I cant think that was it when Fraye left?

I'm not on twitter or any of the other social media apart from FB but if I wanted to thank somebody for something I wouldn't plaster it all over for everyone to see. It just seems a "look at me" kind of thing. I'd pick up the phone & give them a call. Maybe I'm just old  :D
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Remember Jackson getting pelters when Powell left and not saying anything on twitter.  If i remember rightly.  Jackson bit at some of the criticism and explained that their goodbye was personal and not for the public.  Something like that anyway.  And it must have been when Powell left as I cant think that was it when Fraye left?

I'm not on twitter or any of the other social media apart from FB but if I wanted to thank somebody for something I wouldn't plaster it all over for everyone to see. It just seems a "look at me" kind of thing. I'd pick up the phone & give them a call. Maybe I'm just old  :D
    A public acknowledgement of appreciation seems appropriate if it is genuine.