Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone anticipate a big change in football tonight ?

What do we reckon? 
Jackson is bowyerised and we carry on with the same style of football, or Jackson has some fresh ideas he wants to put into play as an audition for the job. 

Comments

• Options
    What do we reckon? 
    Jackson is bowyerised and we carry on with the same style of football, or Jackson has some fresh ideas he wants to put into play as an audition for the job. 
    No pressure then. Has been in charge a couple of hours and has the same squad to pick from. 

I am not sure what you think JJ to do in such a short period of time but I am interested in what you are hoping to see and expect.
  • Options
    What do we reckon? 
    I'll let you know when I see the line up. 
    Start with Pratley and Watson =no change. 
    Start DJ and I will be happy 
  • Options
    Pratley and Watson will not both start in midfield.

I expect to see Smith and Jaiyesimi to both start. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/lUg7nXhT5Xs
    Round about 8 minutes might give us an insight, i think it will very much be a bowyer mimic sadly.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    What do we reckon? 
    No pressure then. Has been in charge a couple of hours and has the same squad to pick from. 

I am not sure what you think JJ to do in such a short period of time but I am interested in what you are hoping to see and expect.
    I'm hoping to see us be aggressive in defence, closing players down and not retreating.  Pace with Millar and DJ on the wings with stockley as a focal point, washington making runs. Two midfielders who are mobile and fighting for seconds balls. Now of course with only 1 game in training I can't realistically expect that but small changes like being a bit more compact id be happy with. Of course ultimately I think it is a game we should win, and not 1 nil or 2 1, win it convincingly.
  • Options
    I don't expect anything to be dramatically different.
  • Options
    I would be surprised if there wasn't a good increase of take up for The Pass tonight, will be very interested in JJ'S pre and post match stuff, and Curbs take on it, along with Bob Bolder, could be very interesting.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I reckon he might start Ronnie, DJ and Smith
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://youtu.be/lUg7nXhT5Xs
    Round about 8 minutes might give us an insight, i think it will very much be a bowyer mimic sadly.
    Bowyer mimic at the time that was filmed maybe, which was on the back of a good start in the Championship, probably doesn't say much about what to expect now
  • Options
    Will we be able to see the Valley Pass purchase stats per game?
  • Options
     Sounds more like a Powell, more than one way to win. Good mix of grafters willing to do the dirty work and creative players. 
  • Options
    If people are correct on here with rumours of dressing room dissention under Bowyer, then we may see a very different approach and performance. If we don't see that, then they really are shite !
  • Options
    I cannot remember the last time a team played against us with two genuine wingers. We had Newton and Robinson together for some of the glory years, but it really isn’t that common in ‘modern’ football. Millar and DJ might both start, but a bit unfair to use that as an example of negative thinking from Bowyer - although I accept there can be other criticisms on that issue
  • Options
    I remember the last tome we played Bristol rovers with a caretaker manager
  • Options
    In the absence of Adam Matthews I would prefer the team tonight to be:

Amos
    Gunter Famewo Pearce Maatsen
    JFC plus probably Morgan
    Swartz or DJ, Stockley, Aneke Washington.

Millar needs a rest but on the bench with Shinnie AMB, Oshilaja, Smith, Pratley, and Watson.

And attack like feck whilst staying onside.

No need to thank me JJ.
  • Options
    I reckon he might start Ronnie, DJ and Smith
    Would love him too.
  • Options
    Not anticipating anything, it's too soon. But will be interesting to see the players attitude and body language.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think the team will be much different, but the atmosphere around the squad will be better & that will bring better performances
  • Options
    I dont think the change will have to be huge. The foundations have been okay for the last fortnight. Millar has gone of the ball so will be interesting to see whether he starts or given a break.

Only change I am expecting is to break up the midfield pairing of Pratley and Watson. JFC is back tonight so imagine that will happen anyway.
  • Options
    No idea, but hoping for a more attacking line up. I really wish JJ all the best tonight, will be looking forward to the post match interview, whatever the result.
  • Options
    I think he'll go: Amos Gunter Famewo Pearce Purrington Shinnie Pratley Smith Millar Washington Stockley
  • Options
    Would love to see someone like Barker on the bench. That would make a bit of a statement
  • Options
    I just want to watch 11 players giving their all and trying their hardest to play entertaining football whilst bagging 3 points. Would love to see a couple of Johhny Robinson style performances where the pain etched on the players face really means something to us fans when a decision or move does not come off.
  • Options
    let's hope the change of regime lets the players relax, BUT not so much they fall asleep when it matters 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I think he'll go:

Amos
    Gunter Famewo Pearce Purrington
    Shinnie Pratley Smith Millar
    Washington Stockley
    So same old then, just like for like swaps?