Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

edited March 2021 in General Charlton
Im Amazed on how lightly bowyer has gotton off today with the fan base. Another poor display from the team, starting lineup was wrong and the excuses where back again surley this can't carry on for much longer, beating a poor Wigan and a poor Northampton was just papering over the cracks!!!

Comments

• Options
    The team is shit mate, most of the players they bought were shit.
    Transfer embargo bla.bla.bla.....

No ones been offered renewed contracts.
  • Options
    I think it's too late now really, we just have to leave it until the summer and have a bit of a shake up of our entire backroom staff. 

The last chance to change the manager was just after January if it were to make a difference this season. We just have to settle for midtable now and look to appoint in the summer. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Can't see it happening but don't see the sense in waiting to until the summer unless we've lined up a new manager. Any replacement needs time to evaluate the squad and start making plans for the summer.

Unless we end the season really badly I can see TS keeping Bowyer on and allowing him to rebuild in the summer.
    The manager only needs to evaluate the squad and make plans if they have any influence on what's going to happen.

I am not sure that's 100% the case at the moment. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Can't see it happening but don't see the sense in waiting to until the summer unless we've lined up a new manager. Any replacement needs time to evaluate the squad and start making plans for the summer.

Unless we end the season really badly I can see TS keeping Bowyer on and allowing him to rebuild in the summer.
    The manager only needs to evaluate the squad and make plans if they have any influence on what's going to happen.

I am not sure that's 100% the case at the moment. 
    They might not have 100% influence but they will most likely have some rather than none at all.
  • Options
    What was the LOL for @Redrobo?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    What was the LOL for @Redrobo?
    Because you didn't show 100% faith in Lord Bowyer?  He will accuse you of not being pleasant next. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another rudderless performance, devoid of strategy and cohesion. 

The same excuses come out at full time and we seem numb and expectant to it as a fan base. 

This ran its course many months ago, I don't think it's going to change anytime soon either. Not until fans are in anyway ... 
  • Options
    Sadly I agree . This team is poor 
  • Options
    We are stuck with  him for the rest of this season at least I suspect .. I have been saying for a while that he is wrong man in the job, BUT I would not be surprised if we still didn't make the play offs .. the squad is strong enough and might still do the job even despite Bowyer
  • Options
    We are stuck with  him for the rest of this season at least I suspect .. I have been saying for a while that he is wrong man in the job, BUT I would not be surprised if we still didn't make the play offs .. the squad is strong enough and might still do the job even despite Bowyer
      Can't see it happening but even by some freak of whatever we made the play offs I don't have much confidence of us getting through 2 semi final legs and then winning the final.
        A good few teams below us still have games in hand over us as do a good few above us,so a bit of a slightly distorted picture at the moment.

• Options
    I dont like how a joke of our dire game(s) are made in the post match interview. 

'We go again Tuesday' said very sarcastically with eye rolls, as if saying "what's the point of all this, it's gonna be the same old dross served up again. "
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way we've scrapped past 2 poor teams then when a better team turns up we buckle again,the last 6 or 7 games are against the top teams in the league who will walk all over us, plus most teams around us have 2 games in hand some even have 4 there's no way we're getting playoffs so we need to change now for sure 
  • Options
    It is odd that with Bowyer and Jackson as manager and first team coach we keep collecting poor quality midfielders.  Pratley, Watson, DJ, Millar, Gilbey, Smith, Smyth, the Man Utd lad... It's a really ordinary L1 midfield from that lot isn't it!
  • Options
    I think he has to go, such a poor team, I get the feeling that no one cares. 

I feel like he has shouted them into submission and now has zero ideas left.

We are all so bored god knows how he will get us going next season if he is still here. 

We need a Chris Powell exodus and incoming.