Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Shrewsbury | Sat 13 March 2021| 3pm

edited March 2021 in General Charlton
Shrewsbury Town next up at The Valley ....... fresh from a 2-0 victory at Rochdale, where every team seems to win 2-0.

Finally, having broken our home win voodoo, we need to consolidate with another 3 points today - or bust.
What does Bow say? Well, he's been rambling on about Shrews having 3 big lumps at the back. That's it really.

Ryan missing, of course, Gilbey resumed training. Matthews hamstrung, JFC a bit tight. Pratley not even suspended.
Hoping to see Famewo return.

Charlton: Amos, Gunter, Pearce, Famewo, Maatsen, Pratley, Watson, Morgan, Millar, Stockley, Washington.

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Oshilaja, Jaiyesimi, Aneke, Shinnie, Smith, Schwartz.

Gonna buy the live match stream?
Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass for Tuesday's game can do so here.

Charlton TV ......... The Scott Minto Show, starring Scottie, Curbs and today's guest Lawrie Wilson "who used to be ....... "
Live on Valley Pass starting at 2.15pm.

Commentary: Terry & Greg joined by Steve Brown.

Comments

• Options
    I anticipate and hope for lots of pace in this team. Washington, Millar, Maatsen and probably Morgan I'd all expect to be involved. Ideally Schwartz too (into feet, beat the defenders etc).
  • Options
    I expect it will be Aneke and Washington up top and no other changes
  • Options
    Ooo so close in my Preview...

Forster-Caskey being the absense that didnt give me a fully correct matchday squad :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Well atleast we have a settled starting lineup now. Although odds on Watson gets booked so ban incoming 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Really think we could get this run well and truly going today, and expect another win, probably scrappy in places and tough in others, but a win is a win, and with the added input from Lawrie and Curbs, well should be a good day, wonder what gems will be talked about pre match.
    Looks like a strong line up, plenty of good backup on the bench for a second half push on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Purrington again - even on the bench.
  • Options
    I'd have played Smith instead of Pratley, but otherwise you can't really be to upset with that line up. 
  • Options
    Bit concerned with centre mid of Pratley and Morgan .. lacking creativity can see this being a very difficult game with this line up 
  • Options
    Happy to be proved wrong but looks a 4-4-2 with Pratley and Watson in midfield and I think they just invite too much pressure. 

Would rather Morgan playing in there with Shinnie or DJ on the right/left depending on where Millar is playing this week. 
  • Options
    As I put in my Preview, having Pratley and Watson in the team is either as a 4-4-2 to protect the defence

Or Pratley is there as a player who can drop back into a five man defence when we need to, meaning that more often than not we'll be playing 3-5-2 so that we match up against Shrewsbury
  • Options
    Well with Pratson in the middle me and Bowyer may not be popular with most , I guarantee we don’t lose ... but we need to win ! 
    Happy enough with the team as long as Morgan and Millar go right and left 

2-0 Charlton

Charlton 50%
    Draw 35%
    Shrewsbury 15%

eieieio  

• Options
    Pratley and Watson back together. 

Bowyer's wet dream. 
    Winners 
  • Options
    Our January signings haven't worked out, Stockley aside. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Bowyer said you can't just play crosses against them because they clear them. So what are we doing? Passing it on the floor with a midfield 2 of Pratley and Watson? Passing it on the floor to... Stockley up front? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit of a must win week when you consider the other games going on.

We can only win and worry about those around us afterwards but it feels a weekend of few slip ups

Although saying that Gillingham are right behind us and are losing so what do I know 😂

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Millar? 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I'm so depressed. I was really looking forward to this game. Now I'm going to have to watch Pratley & Watson in the middle and it's going to be so turgid.
  • Options
    Get ready for 90mins of hoofball to Stockley 🙄
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Get ready for 90mins of hoofball to Stockley 🙄
    Long as he score the winner, no problem
  • Options
    If we lose this game after Bowyer starts with both Pratley and Watson I can see the fan base being apocalyptic. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Millar? 

Schwartz not had a chance nor really has DJ but it’s always difficult for Jan signings 
  • Options
    Again result is more important than the performance imo. Boring 3 points today will do. Like most I would have preferred a more ground based starting lineup but I wont be kicking off about if if we win. COYA
  • Options
    good line up .. we should win this and keep up  with our recent decent run (and about time too) ((:>)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!