Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Creation Records

This looks like it might be of interest to many on here:

Director Nick Moran takes a leaf out of his executive producer Danny Boyle’s book for the adaption of Creation Records founder Alan McGee’s memoir, proving that approaching material with high energy and at maximum velocity can go a long way when it comes to carrying an audience with you, even if some of the underlying story lacks detail.

Comments

• Options
    One of my best mates worked at Creation back in the day. Alan McGee is as much of an absolute fucking arsehole as you would expect him to be. 
  • Options
    Heard McGee on radio talking about this. Like a lot films, He said a lot of the things in the film never happened 
  • Options
    One of my best mates worked at Creation back in the day. Alan McGee is as much of an absolute fucking arsehole as you would expect him to be. 
    Doesn’t surprise me with some of the egos he worked with. 
  • Options
    Nick Moran's biopic of Joe Meek - Telstar - was very good. If this is up to that standard it'll be worth watching. 
  • Options
    Nick Moran's biopic of Joe Meek - Telstar - was very good. If this is up to that standard it'll be worth watching. 
    Yup agreed, that was very good 
  • Options
    Only got round to watching Svengali recently, which McGee had a part in. He came out of that quite well, given that some of the other record company characters had already been allocated the "complete arsehole" roles :)
  • Options
    He most certainly was!