Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wrestling thread

Comments

• Options
    All the good talent WWE have released recently & they still kept Dominik Mysterio!!!!!
  • Options
    All the good talent WWE have released recently & they still kept Dominik Mysterio!!!!!
    The things is, probably because of AEW, ROH and the way NXT was, you probably have more people "over" with smart fans, than you ever have had.

You have got 100s of 1000s of people chomping at the bit for the super kliqu and a reunion of either Mount rushmore or the undisputed era, the second city saints or something else.

At the same time you have got millions of people who remember Edge and Christian.  The only time you have had so many potential dream matchs, that hadn't been done to death, and could happen, was the late 80s and early 2000s.

The wrestling is potentially great but you haven't got a Hogan or an Austin to sell it.

More people know the Mysterio, if that is his real name :wink:, name than know Omega, Cole and the Bucks combined.

The WWE have gone down the route of we can have a 100 stars, and have got no where near an Austin one.  AEW need to go for 4 or 5, not 20 or 30. 

• Options
    I'm actually kinda glad they acknowledged that AEW used his name in a promo
  • Options
    Edge is one of the very few stars in WWE with a promo worth listening to nowadays.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I'm actually kinda glad they acknowledged that AEW used his name in a promo

Most people won't get the reference.

The way The Miz is dressed is superb, he gets pro wrestling.
  • Options
    Watching AEW, I don't know if he's playing on it for the storyline, but CM punk looks fucked after a couple of minutes every time he wrestles 
  • Options
    I think it just proves that Meltzer is a dick. Don't understand why his bullshit ratings carry so much weight in the industry
  • Options
    I think it just proves that Meltzer is a dick. Don't understand why his bullshit ratings carry so much weight in the industry
    I have no problem with him liking AEW, or more specifically the VPs, even if I don't agree with it but it's not even remotely credible now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They used to have credibility because a 5* was so rare (outside the Tokyo Dome) as you can see from the above.

The flaming table spot in Cody V Andrade match was so dumb.
  • Options
    The flaming table spot was something that would have been great in a proper blood feud, not an angle that nobody really understands why it’s even happening. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    The flaming table spot was something that would have been great in a proper blood feud, not an angle that nobody really understands why it’s even happening. 

The spot were you throw your opponent over a flaming table whilst going through it yourself then lie in the flames? :smiley:
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The spot were you throw your opponent over a flaming table whilst going through it yourself then lie in the flames? :smiley:
    I know, I know…..I do try not to get caught up on details like that though. If we apply logic/common sense to professional wrestling at all times then holes could be picked in every single televised match. 

If the intention of the flaming table was to shock people and make people sit up then it does the job. Just doesn’t fit this particular story. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Temple of the dog last week, this week.

• Options
    Temple of dog last week, this week.

Are Edge and Punk real life friends? 
  • Options
    Watching AEW, I don't know if he's playing on it for the storyline, but CM punk looks fucked after a couple of minutes every time he wrestles 
    Makes it more of a shock when he goes Broadway with Bryan. 
  • Options
    Isn't it storyline? It ties in with MJF saying he can't put opponents away. Excalibur also said he had a non-Covid respiratory issue when he wrestled QT Marshall - again not sure if storyline or real.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I don't think Punk has many friends!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I don't think Punk has many friends!
    I think he respects Edge for putting him over originally.

I just wondered if there was something going on with the T-shirts, pretty clever if there is. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like Big Daddy could go into the observer hall of fame this year... Dave would have given him and haystack 7 stars in the Tokyo Dome. 
  • Options
    I see Johnny Gargano's WWE contract is up. I think he's brilliant. I think he could do really well in AEW if he doesn't re sign with WWE
  • Options
    I see Johnny Gargano's WWE contract is up. I think he's brilliant. I think he could do really well in AEW if he doesn't re sign with WWE
    He has left hasn't he?  Same as the other one from the who's name escapes me.

AEW can't sign them all..... 
  • Options
    Jeff Hardy has been released from WWE after walking out of a match & subsequently getting sent home from the tour 
  • Options
    Jeff Hardy has been released from WWE after walking out of a match & subsequently getting sent home from the tour 
    They tried to make me go to rehab
    I said no, no, no
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Bobby Fish?

Gargano, Chiampa and O'Reily hugged in the middle of the ring after Wargames. Are they all off? WTF? Reminds me when Bobby Rhoode and EC3 left TNA, it left no one worth watching.

Surprised by Jeff, he was on The Broken Skull recently saying how that was all behind him now, he's been clean for years and I brought in to it.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    O’Reilly is leaving NXT I think. Would love to see both him and Gargano in AEW.

Gargano was a brilliant face a few years ago, and I still rank that 18 month angle with Ciampa as the best in pro wrestling over the last ten years. Turning him heel and Ciampa face made zero sense once all that was done. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    cafctom said:

Gargano was a brilliant face a few years ago, and I still rank that 18 month angle with Ciampa as the best in pro wrestling over the last ten years. Turning him heel and Ciampa face made zero sense once all that was done. 
    Ciampa's heel turn is still one of my favorites. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Bobby Fish?

Gargano, Chiampa and O'Reily hugged in the middle of the ring after Wargames. Are they all off? WTF? Reminds me when Bobby Rhoode and EC3 left TNA, it left no one worth watching.

Surprised by Jeff, he was on The Broken Skull recently saying how that was all behind him now, he's been clean for years and I brought in to it.
    It was O'Reily I was thinking of.  Fish is already "all elite" isn't he?

If they sign everyone that the WWE release they will end up with the same problem.  Adam Cole is already getting lost in the mix. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

This kind of stuff made a lot more sense when NXT was actually developmental. A lot of top guys who spent any decent amount of time there would do a face and a heel run to get them used to delivering in a WWE style across different characterisations. I was fine with that but now it makes a lot less sense because it's just a third show so having obvious faces and heels switch around is just silly. I think Ciampa's character is really well established to the point where he's easily a face when you put him against arseholes and a heel when you put him against proper faces, a lot like Austin, so he can essentially do whatever they need him to which is good.