Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why did Ronnie take it?

Stockley in good form and has scored penalties at Exeter. Shinnie also in decent form which is a decent option but we let a clearly out of confidence striker take it? Probably being guilty of overthinking it and hindsight etc but was very surprised Schwartz took it and not all that surprised he missed. 

Comments

• Options
    I'm always surprised when a "striker" fucks up a penalty.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Stockley in good form and has scored penalties at Exeter. Shinnie also in decent form which is a decent option but we let a clearly out of confidence striker take it? Probably being guilty of overthinking it and hindsight etc but was very surprised Schwartz took it and not all that surprised he missed. 
    It has to be that he has had an historically good conversion rate and has also been seen to be successful on the training ground.
    They wouldn’t allow someone to take one just because they fancy a go at it.
    Do we know if Stockley is any good at taking penalties?
    Obviously Schwartz was deemed to be a better choice.
  • Options
    Do we have a penalty taker? In the past you always knew who was going to step up, but I’ve no idea who that person would be on this team. 
  • Options
    Do we have a penalty taker? In the past you always knew who was going to step up, but I’ve no idea who that person would be on this team. 
     Bowyer said it’s Washington but he had gone off
  • Options
    When was he in form? Remind me.
  • Options
    When was he in form? Remind me.
    Ok not settled might have been better. 
  • Options
    15/17 record that’s why
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I actually can’t recall what Stockley is like pinging a football , has he had a shot in anger from over 12 yards 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Schwartz is a striker with an excellent conversion rate. In fact an almost impeccable conversion rate if the 14 out of 16 is true. 

Someone had to take it seeing as our usual penalty taker (Washington) was not on the pitch. I'd rather someone who is usually confident taking them stepping up than someone not used to taking them being handed the ball. 

And he didnt miss - the keeper saved it. That is what a keeper is there for. 
    Exaclty. Messi and Ronaldo have missed several much higher profile penalties. It happens to every striker it just happened to be his first penalty and in the last minute so it seems like an awful penalty.

It wasn't a great penalty but we have all seen a lot worse go in.
  • Options
    shinnie has been dropped, I wouldn’t call that decent form.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Don't forget. One of the reasons that we got Yann was because of a penalty miss.
    And that was a REEEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYYY bad penalty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Point of order, he didn’t miss, it was saved 
  • Options
    It's hardly a cup final miss or play off semi final miss. 
    In the long run it's probably cost us 8th place instead of 10th place.

If I had to pick anyone on the pitch at the time it'd have been him. 
    Certainly not going to make me hate the fella. 
  • Options
    Absolutely no problem with Ronnie taking it. I’d have been questioning him if he hadn’t wanted to.

Jeez, you’d think it was Diana Ross at the 1994 World Cup
    Her run up was all wrong! Think she was trying too out smart the keeper, still they never let her take another one.
    Still better than Bailey's tbf. 
  • Options
    Watch the players when its awarded, there are about five of them closer to the ball than Ronnie but its only him that goes and gets it, the rest of them all keep their back to it so have no desire to take it.

Thats with the designated taker off the pitch so a few could have laid claim to it