Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blue shirts and socks

Why??????????????
We are Charlton which is red and white and some other colours when away but surely not blue

Comments

• Options
    but not against Oxon in yellow and black !!
  • Options
    Awful kit - didn’t mind the ‘denim’ blue kit, but that kit is just wrong 
  • Options
    Hate watching us play in blue, it feels so wrong. Blue is the colour of scummy clubs like Millwall, Chelsea, Birmingham and Cardiff. I don't ever want to see us play in blue again.

I was actually thinking to myself that I find it harder to identify the players when they are wearing blue, when my son said the same thing. Not sure if that's a real thing in the wider population or some sort of strange gene mutation in my family. Either way I don't like it.
  • Options
    I don't care a fig what colour we wear, so long as we win whilst wearing it
  • Options
    I don't mind a light blue, or a blue shirt with stripes on it, but this season's 3rd kit is a bit too Chelsea...
  • Options
    I don't mind a light blue, or a blue shirt with stripes on it, but this season's 3rd kit is a bit too Chelsea...
    Chelsea! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t forget the Seahawk
  • Options
    I'll buy it once they get knocked out for a tenner.
  • Options
    Don’t forget the Seahawk
    That’s what I meant 
  • Options
    The away kit should always be black and white. We won the cup in black and white. We spelt it out in black and white. Third kit can be whatever colours the marketing people think will sell. 
  • Options
    If I remember right (and I was there) did we not wear blue at St Andrew's in 1987 against Leeds?
  • Options
    Blue should never feature in our away or third kits....ever.
  • Options
    When was the last time we played in Blue / White / Blue though?

Have we ever before today?
  • Options

Lincoln away back in September
  • Options
    MattF said:

Lincoln away back in September
    And we lost.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Chelsea! 
    Millwall's blue tends to be darker
  • Options
    Trying to be logical regarding my total dislike of that strip......and I can’t really......I just hate it!
    I had difficulty identifying with the kit from the moment they were on camera......I don’t like it and don’t want to ever see it again is allI can say, it just didn’t feel right.
    When we play in an away strip in order to prevent a colour clash it’s of course understood .....but we should always wear our famous red strip “whenever” possible IMHO. 
  • Options
    It was a bit weird that Barnsley at HOME to Birmingham wore black shorts, with Birmingham wearing their home strip. Not sure of the logic why the home side would change their kit
  • Options
    Surely the players are more used to passing to players in red .
    It could cost us a fraction of a second , probably not but I’m sure playing in red is more helpful than playing in blue .
  • Options
    Always liked it when we had a yellow away kit personally (albeit this seasons silver ones is up there with my favourites ever)
    Yellow and White are nice colours for a top.  This seasons away top is a cracker, it reminds me of the '88 Admiral shirt.

• Options
    Blue and black stripes if we have to have a blue away kit.